Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Nbre of neighbours (Urgent Plz)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Slim OTT

Hello every body ,
    It exists a limitation in GSM ALU BSS release B9 concerning the number of neigbours we can define for e certain cell (64 as a max) in addition to “not exceed 31 different BCCH)
    In case of adding neighbours of an other PLMN (another operator) ,those neighours are token in consideration or not?
    I mean the condition of 64 neighbours is only applied for intra PLMN HO or also concerns the other relations??

pix

slim,

the total (intra and inter plmn) must be < 32, but check with your PM, there might be some patch to go over this limit (heard of it but never saw it... so i'm not sure). cheers pix

Slim OTT

Pix,
    You mean 32 HO and reselect and 32 HO ONLY so that we have a maximum of 64 HO?No?and 31 different BCCH.Isn’t it??

Pix

As far as I remember, you can define 31 (or 32 ?) BCCH. And that’s 64 one-way adjacencies.

IMO, one way adj can be “ho only”, “reselect only” or “ho and reselection”. It doesn’t matter. It is always counted as one. But… I’m not sure, sorry. Long time I worked with that, so I may have forgotten some tricks.

The only way to know for sure is to try it out… can’t you give it a try ? You’d know for sure 🙂

Cheers,
    Pix

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.