Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

handover

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    krish

Hi bijoy,

thanks for reply . i already studied form alex this.but can u tell me what its significance and how it works by changing value fro m0 to 1,2 here i have dual band(900,1800) cells and in one cell three channel group 0,1,2

0= bcch only(900)

1= 900 tch

2=1800 tch

here we have fbchalloc value 0 so by changing this to 1 ,2 what happenes. and can u help me to relate fboffset with this.

krish

Hi bijoy,

can u help me regarding trail messege?

Fresh Opt

Hi,
    if cell A and cell B are neighbours and call is established in cell A, how can we force to immediately make a HO to cell B. Cell A and B are same type (single cells).
    Regards,
    Fressh Opt

Pix

Hi Fresh OPT,

What do you mean by “force HO” ? It’s a bit confusing (or I am a little slow), do you mean during a drive test, force the MS to change cells with TEMS ?

Or do you mean it as a “optimization solution” ? The MS, as soon as it is on cell A, must do a HO to cell B.
    Immediately. –> I don’t understand why the MS is in cell A in the 1st place… that is where you should start optimizing.

cheers,
    pix-racula

Fresh Opt

Hi Pix,
    Yes, I meant as a optimization solution. Cell A is very present in a high building (far from cell A) and want to make a HO to cell B (near the building as servng cell). Often happens the MS camps on cell A, call established on that cell and we don’t want the call stay there for a long time. Installig a new indoor BTS is not allowed by the people who live in the building.
    Regards,

Pix

Fresh Opt,

The best solution would be to downtilt or change the antenna orientation, in order to change your best server areas. I know it takes more energy to actually physically change the antenna design, but it really is the proper solution.

Any other solution would lead to a serious impact on all other areas of coverage, not only the building…

What you could do is increase the Cell Reselect Offset of cell B, so that the call is established in cell B, initially.

Then, make sure the call stays in cell B, by increasing the HO MARGIN (B, A).

But as I said above, those settings will disturb the rest of the cell too…

Regards,
    pix

Fresh Opt

Thanks Pix,
    I really appreciate that!
    Regards,

Bijoy

krish
    I’m unable to reply you because each time I write it doesnt gets updated.Can you write a new query so that I can reply

Pix

Bijoy,

Some words can’t be written sometimes… Even the most simple words like “test” could not be written before –> the whole post gets blocked.

Bijoy

Pix
    I wonder what could be probable reason.

Pix

It is a kind of spam protection in this website. You can ask the webmaster to check your post and see what are the “wrong” words.

RF

What are the cause for incoming handover efficiency in ALcatel KPI

Pix

RF,

Usually it is caused by radio problems (poor coverage, interferences, path unbalance). On rare occasion it can be caused by HW failures or SW failures.

Cheers,
    pix

RF

Can you please give me the formula for incoming HO efficiency
    BR

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.