Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

handover

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    alex

can enybody clarify me about handover between two MSC?
    WHAT IS EXACTLY THIS PROCESS HAPPEND?
    WHICH DEFINITION IN DATABASE FOR THIS TYPE OF HANDOVER MUST BE APPLIED?

pix

a mobile is moving… a ho happens… but :
    the target cell is located in a different MSC than the serving cell.
    the serving MSC and target MSC must exchange HO signalling so that the target cell is ready to welcome the incoming MS.

Definition in database ? I don’t understand.

Cheers
    pix

Silvanus

SDCCH congestion

Erlang for ExcelAn Add-In for Microsoft Excel that lets you use Erlang B and C functions in your own Excel spreadsheets.

The ultimate in Erlang traffic modelling flexibility and data sharing.
    Erlang CalculatorsAn easy to use and fast Windows product offering Erlang B, Extended Erlang B, Erlang C and Call Minutes calculators.

Four products in one, plus Erlang for Excel free.
    WestplanSimplifies the complicated design process involved in creating effective voice networks.

Support both traditional circuit switching techniques and Voice over IP.

hi,
    i have cells with which perform good HO in only one direction and high failure the opposite direction (Alcatel) which parameter can i change to improve HO in both directions?

Pix

What is the cause of failure ? Radio ? Congestion ?
    Check the HO outgoing indicators from the serving cell AND the HO incoming indicators form the target cells. It will give you a clear picture of what is really happening.

(indicators = requests, allocated, success, congestion, radio fail, bss fail, return to old channel, etc)

Cheers,
    pix

Silex

What is the solution to balance the traffic between Underlaid and overlaid in ericsson BTS 2G, the 1800Mhz is free but 900 is congested.

Bijoy

What are the values of SCLDUL & SCLDOL you are using?
    Also what are the values of DTCB,LOLHYST,TAOLHYST & DTCBHYST?

Eric

Can you please some one help me with handover problem between 900 and it DCS in some special hour outgoing handover for 900 goes down and after that it comes to normal vendor is alcatel.
    and majority of hoandover is due to UL level and Quality .

silex

Hi Bijoy,
    SCLDUL=SCLDOL=20, DTCBP= no value, LOLHYST=3, TAOLHYST=0, DTCBHYST=2.
    Thanks for your helping.
    Silex.

KRISH

hI BIJOY,

I AM ALSO USING ERIC SYS.AND WE HAVE DUAL BAND IN EACH CELL

CAN U HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND THE LOL,TAOL,DTCB AND LOLHYST,DTCBHYS,TAOLHYS.

HERE WE HAVE BY DEFAULT VALUES .BUT IF WE CHANGE LOL FROM 130 TO 100 THEN TRAFFIC WILL MOVE TO 900 CAN U PLZ SHARE ABOVE ALL VALUES AND ITS EXPLANATION PLZ………..

Pix

Eric,

Is “preferred Band Ho” = Enable ?
    Are both GSM and DCS cells in the same layer (Umbrella ? Mini ? Micro ?), or different layers ?
    What is the setting for
    MULTIBAND TRAFFIC CONDITION = ??? in the GSM cell
    HIGH TRAFFIC LOAD = ??? in the DCS cell

Best Regards,
    pix

Bijoy

Silex.
    You can change SCLDUL to 50 & check.You can also increase LOL .You can also change FBCHALLOC=2 & observe.(I hope you are using +ve FBOFFS).
    Krish
    First you read Alex,then we can discuss.Increasing LOL is not a good idea at all,rather increase SCLDUL or SCLDOL.

krish

Hi bijoy,

i already went thr alex so if u like to explain then it wil help me plz and can u also explain by putting fbchalloc 0,1,2 what happens? here i have dual bang 900,1800 in alll cells…

Eric

The “preferred Band Ho” = is enabled Enabled and
    both GSM and DCS cells in the same layer with
    MULTIBAND TRAFFIC CONDITION = anyload and
    HIGH TRAFFIC LOAD = 70 in the DCS cell.
    BR

Pix

Eric,

Could you please try to increase the HIGH TRAFFIC LOAD in DCS up to 80%, then 90% then 95% to check the impact ?

The Traffic_load of the cell (DCS) is compared to the HIGH TRAFFIC LOAD threshold. If it is above, then the incoming “Preferred Band HO” is stopped. 70% is rather low.

By choosing a higher value, you will force the Pref Band Ho even if the DCS cell is already “quite” loaded.

Ensure that the A TRAFFIC LOAD and N TRAFFIC LOAD are set at standard values (not too small values, otherwise, the averaging is done too quickly… having a high threshold and quick average doesn’t sound too hot to my ears, initially… You could give it a try later though, as fine tuning optimization)

Bijoy

Hi Krish
    FBCHALLOC defines how to prioritise different frequency bands/subbands within a subcell at CS channel allocation. I.e. if there shall be no preference (=0), if channels in the BCCH frequency band/subband shall be selected first (=1), or if channels in the BCCH frequency band/subband shall be selected last (=2).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.