Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Error in connection during call

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ranjeet

Hi ,

Can anybody help me .We are getting Error in connection dispaly inbetween call and the call gets disconected.

BR//
    RANJEET

Baig

To elaborate problem more

during the call, it suddenly becomes silent while call is still on, no RLT triggered and after some time with the messege of connection error call gets dropped. Couldn’t find the reason for it. please help…

Pix

hi,

do you see that in a drivetest, or on your mobile phone ?

I would say that it is a filure due to hardware problem in the cell (BTS, Abis, BSC, TC, etc…). Checking the QoS stats, do you see any type of call drops that is high, pointing to a HW failure ?

ali

Hi,

Error in connection comes due to number of reason and you have to start in steps
    1) Check the creation of the site in MSC particularly for call set up.

2) What type of BSS is there ? Ultra /Edge & Flexi.

Once you reply me , i will further see in your problem

Baig

Could not observe this in drive test but just on the mobile phone. QoS stats for the cell are normal. One thing i’ve noticed that call drop mostly occur occurs due to handover failurein concentric cell with seperate BCCD assigned to both EGSM900 and DCS1800.

I’ve also observed that this messege often comes long after RLT may have expired. for example in the cell, RLT value in seconds is 15 but the call after being silent goes on till 23 secs or more and then messege of error in connection comes on screen. sometimes it is even before the expiry of RLT. Can it be due to some core end problem?

BSS is ZTE(ZXG10 iBSC)

Pix

Hi,

your problem sounds difficult to resolve.. you must check this with a drive test or a K15 analysis. There you would see the cause of call drop.

Pix

sorry, i was interrupted…

so your call drop must be interpreted from BSS, not from the MS : just looking at the MS behaviour is not really helpful (unless you are used to it, I guess…?).

For example, you are talking about HO failure : without a drivetest, how can you know about ho faillure ?

when does the call drop occurs : during the ho execution, or after the MS is back in the first cell ?

Ranjeet

Here we are having Ericsson systems (MSC’s,BSC’s and BTS) and this problem is not detectable during drive test….and is not that frequent even..but sometimes during call we observe such problems…so i was just trying to identify the root cause of that…as Error in connection is related to SDCCH congestion when TCH could not be allocated but during call it is not the case also we didnt see any hardware problem in cells where i identified this problem….Can you please explore bit more …..

Pix

Hi,

So it could be a phone problem too… Software bugs, the phone freezes….

Ok, so the next step is to go in the delicious 3GPP website and check what are the scenarios when the MS displays “Error in connection”. Those messages are standardized, and f we are lucky, the phone will display this one only under some special circumstances.

Without any way to analyze this problem deeper (DT, traces, QoS stats), then it’s going to be impossible to solve.

Baig

couldn’t find this one in 3gpp site.

@Ranjeet
    may be we can discuess all the BSS nodes and Core end nodes in our network to find a few common things leading to the resolution of the problem

Nil

Hi all,
    Here is query regarding 8202 alarm(LOSS OF SUPERVISION CONNECTION) in Nokia system. I wann knw whether its a srvice and KPI affecting alarm or not. please elaborate the reasons for this excluding the comment on NED.

rgds//
    Nil

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.