Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RX-Qual

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yang

dears
    L_RXQUAL_DL_H & L_RXQUAL_UL_H;I wanted to change value of these 2 parameters (Alcatel) from 4 to 5; and I surprised that the system automatically taking value +1 when frquency hopping is activated at alcatel,
    can some buddy help to confirm and explain if this condition is correct; weak with Alcatel experience,

Regards

Rex

Yang,
    Yes, L_RXQUAL_DL_H+1 if FH activated and L_RXQUAL_DL_H with no hopping.
    BR,

Yang

hello Rex,
    I changed the L_RXQUAL_DL_H & L_RXQUAL_UL_H value from 4 to 5 then its mean 6 as I see; Hopping is active; I already did and the drop is decreased due to HO and Radio as well,
    what do you think? do you think it will effect from some where else in the network? Quality may be,

regards

Pix

Hi guys,

Just to be extremely precise (that’s boring, and that’s my job…)

When hopping is disabled, the HO Quality are based on the thresholds:
    L_RXQUAL_UL_H
    L_RXQUAL_DL_H

When hopping is activated, the HO Quality are actually based on the thresholds:
    L_RXQUAL_UL_H + OFFSET_HOPPING_HO
    L_RXQUAL_DL_H + OFFSET_HOPPING_HO

The tweaking in Alcatel-Lucent BSS is endless !! Enjoy 🙂

Pix

Yang

Thanks Pix; really appreciated
    but what do you think with the adjustment That I already did?
    I appreciate if you inform me; I changed and I got good result but I afraid if its effect on the quality of the Network; Recommended value of Huawei vendor is 6 but alcatel …..,

Regards

Pix

well, if the final threshold L_RXQUAL_DL_H + OFFSET_HOPPING_HO = 6, and if you have good results (good voice quality but less HO) then fine.

I find the value 6 to be rather bad, perhaps you should try with 4 first, then increase by 0.5 step gradually. See the impact.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.