Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Ping Pong HOs

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Optimizer

We’ve got loads of problems of ping-pong HOs.
    WIll like to have possible solutions on how to reduce this.

Pix

Hello,

Could you decribe exactly what is the problem ?
    How do you “see” it ?

Chers,
    Pix

Bijoy

Hello Optimizer.
    R u using Ericsson system?

Optimizer

We are using Alcatel system.

The ong-pongs are mostly between co-localised 900 and 1800 co-localised cells

Pix

Hello,

Your problem sounds extremely complicated, but since you describe it with only few words, it is impossible to give you an answer.

If you decide to spend some time describing it properly, then I might be able to help.

Cheers,
    Pix

Problem Resolved- Hamza

this is what you need to do
    change pbgtSrcellHreqave from 8 to 1 and it will resolve Ping Pong HO,
    i dont know parameter name in ALCATEL but this will do you good in DCS-GSM networks

Has UK

Hamza is pbgtSrcellHreqave a Nokia or Ericsson parameter?

I use Ericsson RBS.

thx in advance.

Fresh Opt

Hi,
    we have a microBTS installed on one high building (last 2 floors), there are a lot of ping-pong HO between a micro and macro cells. Which parameters to tune in order to reduce ping-pong HO. Four macro cells around are declared as umbrella and their level sometime are weakest than the other cells far from the building, so, it happens that in idle mode MS camps on those far cells and we have to declare HO between them and micro. How to avoid camping on those cells in order to stay in micro or macro around?
    Regards,
    Fresh Opt

Pix

Hi Fresh Opt,

1/ increase the Cell Reselect Offset of the Indoor cell, much above the CRO of outdoor Umbrella cells.

2/ the indoor cell is define as “Micro” or “Indoor” ? then there shouldn’t be any outgoing HO from this indoor to the umbrellas… (it’s automatic)

3/ enable the cause 14 in Umbrellas (already done, probably) (if not, then the parameter name is EN_MCHO_NCELL, or something like this), then tune the adjacency parameter L_RXLEV_CPT_HO(Umbrella, Indoor) to a little lower value : – 77dBm or -80dBm, etc.
    The lower you go, the more traffic will be sent to the indoor cell. Don’t go too low 🙂

Cheers,
    pix

Fresh Opt

Thanks Pix,
    I’ll try that and inform for the results!
    BR,

Pix

for the point 2, I meant that the HO cause 12 is disabled from Micro to Umbrellas (automatically). But Emergency causes (bad level, bad quality, etc) are still enabled.

Ok, that’s all 🙂
    Cheers,
    pix

Fresh Opt

Pix, I forgot something, what about cells too far from the building. Sometimes near the window MS camps on those cells and the call is initiated in cells which do not have HO declared with micro.
    Regards,

Pix

Declare incoming HO from Umbrellas to Micro, not (or little bit) outgoing.

There are so many neighbours at window, that it’s complex… You must work for the “better”, not for the perfect.

Fresh Opt

Thanks Pix, I appreciate that.
    Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.