Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Data Services after cell re selection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    RG

Dear All,

In my network i facing the Issue that some of the time MS is not able to resume data services after cell re-selection.

Kindly let me know on which interface and parameter i need to work upon.

Bijoy

please check if GPRS services are allowed for the cell which got re-selected.

RG

Yes, GPRS/EGPRS services are allowed in the cell. Also both the cells are in the same RA.

Bijoy

Hi RG
    Which system are you using?

RG

Vendor is ZTE

The main issue is after reselection out of 100 time, 50 time MS is able to resume the service and other 50 time MS cant resume the service.

In the signalling i have noticed as below:

1.) MS is not responding to Packet Uplink Assignment and Packet Uplink Ack/Nack.

2.) After this there are a series of Immediate Assignment in which the access cause is “Answer to Paging” but after that also services are not resumed.

3.) Service got resumed after refreshing the page or after re openning the site or start starting the download aagin (i.e. when MS is sending the EGPRS packet channel request) again.

Pls help me Pix/Bijoy to find the out the rot cause of the problem and kindly guide me on which parameters i need to work.

SUMIT MENARIA

Dear all,
    I am new to this forum ,but i have the same problem in my network…
    There have been TBF drops in my network due to errors in Cell reselection and RAU …We are using Nokia system
    Thanks in advance…
    Sumeit

Bijoy

Ok RG.
    1.There will be PS assignment reject or failure in this case.Have you checked the reasons.
    2.What is the Rx_lev_acccess min for GPRS.check that.
    3.Is there N3101 or N3103 overflow.
    4.If call setup indication rate is poor.In this case,check the PS paging success rate LAC and RAC wise.
    5.Are you using NACC or NCCR(Network controlled cell reslection)?
    6.What is the value of t3168?
    7.Are you using extended UL TBF function.

Pix

Hello RG,

After the reselection, it is up to the MS to establish a new UL TBF in the target cell (it was in DL or UL TBF before).

The sequence goes like this:
    UL : Channel Request
    DL : Immediate Assignment
    DL : USF is given to the MS
    UL : RLC data blocks
    etc…

In the description of your problem, you say
    “1.) MS is not responding to Packet Uplink Assignment and Packet Uplink Ack/Nack.

2.) After this there are a series of Immediate Assignment in which the access cause is “Answer to Paging” but after that also services are not resumed.

3.) Service got resumed after refreshing the page or after re openning the site or start starting the download aagin (i.e. when MS is sending the EGPRS packet channel request) again.”

Why do you expect a PUAS in the target cell ? There is no PUAS after a reselection.

Best Regards,
    Pix

RG

Thanks Pix and Bijoy for the replies.

1.There will be PS assignment reject or failure in this case.Have you checked the reasons.

– There is no PS assignment reject or failure message.

2.What is the Rx_lev_acccess min for GPRS.check that.

– It is 98 dB

3.Is there N3101 or N3103 overflow.

– Yes inthe performance statistics, I had found overflow for N3101 in the Uplink and due to POLL & N3105 in the Downlink.

4.If call setup indication rate is poor.In this case,check the PS paging success rate LAC and RAC wise.

– No PBCCH, using the signalling of BCCH

5.Are you using NACC or NCCR(Network controlled cell reslection)?

– It is MS controlled cell reselection.

6.What is the value of t3168?

– It is 4s

7.Are you using extended UL TBF function.

– Yes

RG

In the “Packet Resource Request” i am getting Access Type as:

1.) ACCESS_TYPE : (0) Two Phase Access Request

2.) ACCESS_TYPE : (2) Cell Update

during cell reselection. Pls help me to understand the difference between these two Access reasons.

Regards

RG

Bijoy

Hi RG
    1.) ACCESS_TYPE : (0) Two Phase Access Request

In this case,one PDCH is initially reserved for the sending of one uplink RLC block.This is used to let the MS send a Packet Resource Request message, to further specify its capabilities and/or demands.
    2.) ACCESS_TYPE : (2) Cell Update

Reselection of a new cell having the same RAC as the previous one

RG

Hi Bijoy,

Thanks bijoy for ur timely repply. But still I am having the following confusions:

1.) *** ACCESS_TYPE : (2) Cell Update

Reselection of a new cell having the same RAC as the previous one.

If this is the reason then why I dont get cell update all the time when cell is reselected having same RAC as previous one.

2.) Also I am getting another cause as:
    ACCESS_TYPE : (1) Page Response

Pls help me to understand these scenario’s.

Regards
    RG

Bijoy

Hi RG
    cell update takes place when MS is in READY state,in STANDBY state ,no cell update takes place.

The 2nd one is simple response to paging

RG

Hi Bijoy,

After every cell reselection (within same RAC & LAC), I am not getting Access Type as “Cell Update”. Most of the time after re selection i recieve Access Type as “Two Phase Access Request”.

Can u help me to know the reason if as mentioned by you as:

“cell update takes place when MS is in READY state,in STANDBY state ,no cell update takes place”.

Bijoy

when a TBF transfer is ongoing then only you need to know the about the new cell,its capability.So cell update takes place during READY State only.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.