Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

EIRP & Rx Level

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Bijoy

Why dnt you try Net Monitor

Pix

David,
    The way to measure the EIRP is to connect a measuring device in place of the antenna : you connect the device directly onto the feeder.

Then you just add the gain of the antenna to the RxLev measured at the cable.

Istkar

Rx-level is the signal recieved by the ms,and the range from -47dbm to -110dbm.

paraHO

20.6 RX Measurement
    20.6.1 Signal Strength
    Test purpose:
    1) To verify that the RMS received signal level at the receiver input is reported by the MS to the BTS over the full range of -110dBm to -48 dBm with a relative accuracy of +/- 1dB within any 20dB portion of the total measurement range.

2) To verify that the RMS received signal level at the receiver input is reported by the MS to the BTS over the full range of -110dBm to -48 dBm with an absolute accuracy of +/- 4dB from -110 dBm to -70dBm under normal conditions and +/- 6dB over the full range under both normal and extreme conditions.

3) To verify that if the received signal level falls below the reference sensitivity level for the class of MS and if the MS reports this signal then the MS shall report a level between the
    reference sensitivity level and the actual received level.

MKT

Pix,
    You said about the harmful effects of radiation.
    Can you tell me what value of radiations are considered as dangerous.

Thanks

pix

MKT,

I don’t know what are the values defined by regulations authorities, so I can’t give you a threshold. But I know for sure that being around an active antenna is way above the threshold.

You can physically “feel” your head buzzing badly.

Ds

Hi Pix,

u wrote:

7dBi on top of a macro BTS means that you are facing about 55dBm, which is around 200W of pure electromagnetic waves.

can u elaborate these conversion

josh anan

Hi all,
    this great forum and I’m just knew.
    I want ask any body formula/equation for SQI,RXLEv,RXSQI?
    like netmon calculate in nokia phone?
    thx

hardi

hi every one;

please i have EIRP OF 9.8dbm(UMTS2100)
    How I calculate RSCP CPICH ?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.