Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RxLevel -125dBm

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Drim

Hi all,
    During drive test with TEMS Investigation at some locations i got RxLevelsub = -125dBm and the signal color displayed on the map is BLUE. I can still hear the voice, Whatcloud be the reason??
    Help please.

Pix

Hi,

TEMS mobiles have a better sesitivity than typical MS, they can hear signals at -125dBm. While MS can “measure” only -110dBm.

Then, if there are very clean radio conditions (= very high C/I), then the MS is able to decode such low signals.

Cheers,
    pix

Drim

The thing is we have been doing routine Drive Test at these areas before and we didn’t find this -125dBm RxLevesub also it happen randomly.

Pix

Then perhaps the connection between PC and TEMS phone is loose ? When the cable is disconnected, the TEMS software shows -125dBm.

Long time I used TEMS, but I remember something like this used to happen (in the past…)

Yang

Dears,
    what could be the reason of blocking call setup process at very strong single strength; at -29 dBm was impossible to make a call! what could be the reason,

regards

Pix

here pic show radio test -27dBm

go google search for trewmte.blogspot and search at that site for
    -27dBm

i try put url here i think not like

KB

The dive test result Rx Level โ€“125dBm cause came from condition as below

Channel Type = HR
    Sub Channel Number = 0
    MAIO = 0
    HSN = 0

Problem above be fix by change HSN from 0 to 1-63.

no impact. ๐Ÿ˜‰ just for your report.

rf fan

Try to set HSN 1 even if hopping is cyclic.
    Which vendor ?

may

Hi pix
    thought that the MS normal are better sensitivity than TEMS, because at many times when i do drive test in area where the tems lose signal typical MS have low coverage and i think that this is logical to perferm good tests
    tell me if i’m in error!!!

Pix

May,

You’re not in error ๐Ÿ™‚ I would suspect that the TEMS during a drivetest is located in a weird place in the car (under the seat, or at least no into a vertical position nearby a window).

a “normal” MS is in a more favorable position.

Try to move the TEMS in your car (but keep watching other cars…), the results are spectacular.

(spectacular, compared to the boring uneventful typical drivetest…. zzzZZzzz)

Agha

Hi PIX,
    i need ur attention.
    can u tell me the difference b/w RACH Min Access Level and RACH Busy Threshold in Huawei?
    i want to know that how differ these both parameter eith each other?
    Thanks in advance!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.