- This topic has 21 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 4 months ago by pix.
31st August 2009 at 17:07 #58593CMGuest
There are two situations described in 3GPP 44.060.
1. After sending a Packet Uplink Ack / Nack with final bit set, and there is no other TBF active, the MS goes into packet idle mode and does not monitor PDCH.
2. When the MS sends Packet Downlink Ack / Nack with final bit set it starts T3192. While T3192 is running the MS monitors PDCH. When T3192 expires the MS goes to packet idle mode.
My question: does the MS still listen on PDCH, because T3192 is running, after the network sends PUAN?
In other words, we have this situation:
1. D/L TBF and U/L TBF are both active
2. D/L TBF ends, T3192 is running, but no more D/L data to send.
3. U/L TBF ends, T3192 is still running
4. New D/L data arrives, T3192 is still running…. How should the D/L TBF be assigned? PACCH or CCCH? (I don’t have PCCCH) Logs show that, in this situation, sometimes PACCH works, sometimes it doesn’t.
Is this what the delayed D/L TBF release mechanism is intended for?1st September 2009 at 04:45 #58594BijoyGuest
You are Right.
Hope this explanation clears your doubt
The purpose of this function is to be able to set up a Downlink TBF using PACCH shortly after the release of a DL TBF. When a downlink TBF is released, the MS starts timer T3192 and stays on the PACCH until T3192 expires. In the BSS there is a corresponding timer T3193 that is started when the TBF has been released. The PDCHs that were assigned to the TBF are still reserved for the MS for the duration of timer T3193.If more data arrives from SGSN before T3193 has expired, a new DL TBF is set up and PACKET DOWNLINK ASSIGNMENT message is sent to the MS on the PACCH. The poll bit is set in the message indicating that the MS shall answer with a PACKET CONTROL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT message.
If this message is not received by the BSC new attempts (maximum 3) to set up a downlink TBF are done. New attempts to set up a downlink TBF can be done using PCCCH, CCCH, PACCH (normal) or PACCH (after release) depending on the traffic situation and the configuration of the BSS.
If this message is received, the downlink scheduling is started and the downlink TBF is established.
PDCHs and TBF is finally released if/when BSS timer T3193 expires after which normal set up of downlink using PCCCH, CCCH or PACCH will have to be used to set up a new downlink TBF7th September 2009 at 15:47 #58595MacGuest
I have following queries:
1. Does the TBF drop increase as MCS increases? (assuming that radio conditions are good). If yes, why?
2. What are the reasons for TBF drop?
3. How to measure TBF establishment success rate in NOKIA system?
Thanx in advance!!7th September 2009 at 23:16 #58596PixGuest
1/ No, it shouldn’t.
2/ Usually, it’s a radio problem : interference or coverage. Sometimes, it is the MS itself which bugs (stagnating window).
3/ Nokia ? Don’t know about it, sorry 🙂17th September 2009 at 12:37 #58597mikeGuest
i have the following questions which i will appreciate if someone can help me with some answers.
what is the KPI/target for TBF Establishment success rate uplink/downlink and for TBF drop rate downlink/uplink
thank you in advance18th September 2009 at 05:45 #58598BijoyGuest
TBF Establishment success rate uplink/downlink—-98%
TBF drop rate downlink/uplink—2%8th October 2009 at 11:37 #58599Fresh OptGuest
How to reduce tbf drop due to stagnating window?
Thanks,9th October 2009 at 08:25 #58600Fresh OptGuest
Anyone?9th October 2009 at 10:05 #58601PixGuest
Stagnating window is due to MS failure, which keeps repeating the same data.
How high is the rate in your situation ?
pix9th October 2009 at 11:21 #58602Fresh OptGuest
the rate varies from 45% to 80% usualy at evening (18:00-23:00). There’s only one cell affected. If it’s the MS issue than I don’t know how to improve the drop. We have reinitialised and resynchronised GPRS in that cell and no better results seen.
Thanks,9th October 2009 at 14:09 #58603PixGuest
It is indeed possible that in this one cell, there is one faulty MS. You just have to wait that this customer complains about impossibility to finish a transfer (or hanging transfer).
You can try to increase the detection threshold (how many times the window is stalled…)
if the problem is in DL,
if the problem is in UL.
(there are 2 different indicators : (UL) GPRS_UL_TBF_drop_N_stagnatingWindow and (DL) GPRS_DL_TBF_drop_N_stagnatingWindow )
Regards,9th October 2009 at 14:49 #58604Fresh OptGuest
Thanks Pix, I appreciate that!8th December 2009 at 05:38 #58605MohanGuest
I have a following queries.
1. DL and UL TBF drop rates are high. action items to resolve the same. Equipment used Huawei equipment8th December 2009 at 08:34 #58606BijoyGuest
Is it due to N3105 & n3103 overflow??
Bijoy8th March 2010 at 09:40 #58607andyGuest
do you know why TBF Establishment success rate uplink is bad while TBF Establishment success rate downlink is good?
- The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.