Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

High Drop with Cells at the state border

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rex

Hi,
    there are cells at the border between our state and neighours pointed towards the roads outside the country. All of them have high SDCCH Drop and Call drop as well. If that’s not normal in such cases, how to reduce the Drop.
    Regards,
    Rex

Pix

hello,

the coverage must be weak, so the connections are released. there is not enough details to do a further analysis i’m afraid…

cheers,
    pix

berry

Dear Pix,
    What if the SDCCH Congestion became very high at the same case? and what should be the solution?

Thanks

Pix

Hello…

“What if ?”

Please give me numerical values of the congestion rate, the number of SDCCH requests, the type of requests (OC, LU, TC, SMS ?), the sDCCH traffic in erlang, and the SDCCH duration average.
    Also, please state the SDCCH configuration of the cell.

Finally, all QoS stats of SDCCH are welcome too:
    SDCCH assign fail rate, sdcch drop rate.

BR,
    Pix

FAZLI-AFGHAN

DEARS,
    SDCCH AND TCH DR0P RATE IN THE B0RDER 0F A C0UNTRY N0RMALLY DEPENDS 0N FREQUENCIES USED IN THE B0RDER 0F TW0 C0UNTRIES BY THE 0PERATORS 0F B0TH C0UNTRIES, THERE IS HUGE INTERFERECE, IF U DRIVE TEST THE AREA AND SCAN THE FREQUENCIES, U MAY FIND THAT THE 0THER 0PERATOR IN Y0UR NEIGHB0R C0UNTRY HAS USED THE SAME FREQUENCIES AND/0R BSIC F0R THEIR CELLS IN THE B0RDER AND THE CELLS ARE P0INTED TOWARD Y0UR C0UNTRY,S0 Y0U HAVE TO C00RDINATE WITH THEM AND SYNCHR0NIZE Y0UR FREQUENCY PLAN WITH THEM TO D0 N0T USE SAME FREQUENCIES IN THE B0RDER TO AV0ID THIS SITUATION

DK

Hi all,
    I have the same case thats below described. There are two states using same freq band. Our BCCH group is their TCH freq and their BCCH group is our TCH frenq. Now on border area, call drop is very high at the edge cells.
    Is ther any other solution other then optimization, i mean to say the parameter optimization.

Pix

The simplest thing to do is to activate SFH 1×1 on all the borders sites. The frequency planning of other sites might be a little impacted (I mean the sites which are a little inside the country already, not at the border)

The advantage is that your site is virtually interference free, or at least as much as it can possibly be.

For even better performance, try to reduce the number of TRX per cell and activate AMR HR.

The other solution is to perform regular drive tests in this area (or contact the foreign operator) and find free frequencies. But this is very tedious, because the foreign operator can change frequencies anytime, and everything is to be done again.

Cheers,
    pix

DK

Thanks Budy..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.