Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Proposition of a design for LAC

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jean-Marc

Hi all
    I have a big problem. I have to write a proposition of a design on an amelioration that can be done on LAC for a better quality of a GSM network.
    please can you help me??? I’m paniqued.

oh sorry if my english is bad but I usually speaks french.
    so if you can tell me more about that subject I’ll be very happy.

Thanks

Pix

Bonjour Jean-Marc 🙂

You need first to assess the number of Pagings in the LAC,
    and the number of Location Updates in each cell of this LAC.

If the nb of pagings is above the threshold defined by your manager, then you should reduce the number of cells within this LAC

If one cell is having too many LU (= inducing SDCCH Assignment Congestion Rate too high), then you should try to define a better border of LAC. If a highway is crossing the border, you will have too many LU in the 2 border cells. It could be smart to avoid crossing highways (if possible)

A+,
    Pix

DR

Hi,
    These considerations are OK when I have existing network, but what should be considered when I am setting up a new network.
    1. No of projected customers
    2. No of sites in the region

Kindly explain for very new designing of LAC

Jean-Marc

Ok thx 4 the reply.
    but the real problem is to make a proposition for a design of a LAC couverture. that design have to be function of equipment (paging capacity of the BSC and/or the BTS)I have to do my work like if I don’t know ALL OF what is existing. The real meanning of this proposition is not to resolve the existing problems but to propose a new design that can be usefull for all. If I can have informations relatives to SIEMENS or ALCATEL or another one that can help me I think. Thanks and please make me know what I have to do cause my time is ending.

J-M

krish

hey can anybody explain me how to plan new lac and whats is max capacity of trx per lac here we have agcl blk 1 and pch 5

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.