Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Directed Retry Paramters

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    MKT

Well it is good to see you people discussing here.

After a gap of months today morning i felt to visit here.

We never know what is written in the destiny…i am on a political track now.

Now the objective is to fight for justice to make it delivered.

Good luck

Yours
    MKT

Abdel

Thanks Pix,

Yeah you can understand from the abstract the articles looks very interested. I will let u know if i need any papers before i join it. Thanks again pix.

Pan

Hello, Abdel! We have activated queuing on all our cells.
    I hope that our friend Mr. Pix will be kind and obliging and will share with us by his advantage to get acces to IEEE docs:)

Pan

Hello, MKT!
    Glad to meet you again! You are going to run for presidency?

Pix

Hello MKT, welcome back. It’s a good sign you still keep in touch with dirty technical guys like us :))

Wish you success, fame and money 🙂

Abdel

Dear Pix,

What is the best value for t11 i have 60 seconds but i think 60 is too long. what about the – BTS Q LENGTH I am unable to find this parameter yet but what is the recommended value too.

Abdel

Sorry pix, the default value i wrong calculated it was 6000 miliseconds equivalent to 6 seconds. This sounds reasonable, also in our we have to kinds of queue, queue when assigned and queue when handover. and I have enable both of them.

Pix

6 seconds is good.
    BTS Q LENGTH should be about 6 (number of MS in queue at most)

Queue for incoming HO is a good idea, but be careful it doesn’t increase call drops during HO procedures.

The queue time for inc HO should be shorter (1 or 2 seconds ?).

Abdel

Dear Pix,

I am unable to find the BTS Q length parameter, and i tried to look to the GSM ETSI 08.08 parameter i couldn’t find it may be it is an optional parameter also i refered to the ZTE BSC and Huawei BSC manual so i think it could be a vendor specific.by the way as long as the cell is congested we can queue as much as we can as long as the t11 is not expired. can we?

Abdel

Direct retry and queuing both are triggered by congestion. If a cell gets congested and both DR and queuing are activated simultaneuosly then which one is triggered first? is it the DR and then queuing? for example first DR is executed and if DR becomes unsuccesful and there are no free tch available at the neighbouring cellsm then is queuing applied or the calls fails?

Abdel

For our performance right now i have seen a cell with no DR attempts but with 900 queuings attemps in one hour, so it seams the queueing has a higher priority, i am not sure how can you explain?

Pix

Queue first, then while MS is in Queue, the BSC will attempt DR, or other similar mechanism (forced DR, fast traffic HO – vendor dependent)

Number of MS in queue should be limited… at least, it is limited in Alcatel system. The BSC can’t handle 1 billion MS in the queue 🙂

The limit in alcatel is BTS Q Lenght. It either doesn’t exist in your system, or it has another name (MS queue ? queue limit ? queue size ? waiting number ?)

🙂

Fresh Opt

Hi,
    is it good to enable Fast Traffic HO in all cells of the network or only those with congestion?
    thanks,

Pix

You could enable it everywhere, since the BSC would only “use” it for congested cells.

Fast Traffic HO becomes active only when the cell is fully congested and nore TCH can be allocated to incoming calls.

Abdel

There are some parameters that can help u to optimize ur Traffic load Handover such as a parameter that decides the adjacent cell’s frequency band and layer selected during traffic handover and the Threshold of Traffic for Handover
    When the TCH occupation rate of a cell is greater than the specified then Traffic Handover is triggered, usually the default value for this type of HO is 70% so please check b4 u activate it.
    Directed retry, queue and Traffic load control handover are all nice features that helps u to reduce the congestion i enabled them on all my cells and CSSR has increased sharply u can’t imagine.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.