Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

# of TRX a LAC can carry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Abdel

roughly how much TRX can one single lac can carry, using the default paging values? I heard that it is 250 TRX per LAC is this correct?

Pix

Hi,

250 cells for BSC Mx and about 130 cells for BSC G2.

But don’t count the number of TRX, just the number of cells ๐Ÿ™‚

Pix

just to add: i think the 250 cells / LAC is when you activate the multiple CCCH feature.

and it strongly depends on how much paging are sent in your network.

basically, you should check your PCH load so that it remains below the 60% load threshold.
    (check counters MC92xx)

Jacky

Hi pix, i should we should check the MC8a counters, MC92xx are related with 2G-3G HO. am i right?

pix

in B10, you have new counters:
    MC940
    MC925g
    MC930

for Paging only. VERY USEFUL to compute the PCH load.

Jacky

Thanks pix, where are still in B9 ๐Ÿ™‚

Rex

Hi Pix,
    I want to make clear this: 250 cells/LAC even if one LAC is spread over 3 BSCs. What if these 3 BSCs are of different types 2 BSCs=MX and 1 BSC=G2. What is constraint of limitation 250 cells/LAC (or 130 cells/LAC with G2).
    Regards,
    Rex.

Rex

Hi again,
    I forgot to ask another question. How can we calculate PCH load for a LAC, because in RNO we can find PCH load only for cells not for LACs.
    Regards,

Pix

Forget about my numbers “250” or “130”, those are just examples based on certain traffic mix. They do not apply to all networks.

The questions you are asking are very interesting and I have to let you find out by yourself because they would require too much work on my side. Let me just give you the limits you should not exceed in the BSC and in the cell (the limits below are = 60% of max capacity).

In B9:
    max paging command per cell / hour = 118 000
    max paging command per BSC G2 / hour = 252 000
    max paging command per BSC Evolution / hour = 342 000

In B10, without mCCCH:
    max paging command per cell / hour = 118 000
    max paging command per BSC G2 / hour = 252 000
    max paging command per BSC Evolution / hour = 432 000

For info, in B9 you can see the counter MC8a per hour, which is the number of PAGING COMMAND.

It is not very reliable, but it can give you a good estimation.

Don’t forget that all cells in a LAC will have to carry the same amount of paging commands !
    And the BSC will have to process the total PAGING COMMANDS for all the LACs it is managing.

Pix

Regarding your question in NPO:
    PCH load of a LAC = PCH load in the cell.
    As said below, all cells in the LAC will carry the same amount of Pag Cmds. Now you must ensure that all of them are in “non combined” BCCH.
    If one of them is in combined BCCH mode, then it will congest more than other -> the discarded paging commands will be retransmitted in the whole LAC –> PCH load increases for all the cells in the LAC, just because one of them is PCH congested ๐Ÿ™‚

Rex

Thanks Pix! I appreciate that!
    BR,

Beka

Hello,

I have a case when in BSC G2 number of Paging Comands 3 milion /per hour. Are the values given by Pix (max paging command per BSC G2 / hour = 252 000)
    correct or is something wrong with our Network.PCH Loadin is normal in the cells (around 35 %).

Thanks

Pix

Hello,

How do you count the number of paging commands ?

The value I’m giving should be correct, but i repeat : they are the 60% of the max load.
    The max load of a G2 should therefore be around 350.000. If you have 3 millions, that’s 8 times more !

Perhaps i have given values for a small config of the BSC ? I’ll check it out.

Thanks for your feedback,
    Cheers,
    Pix

Rex

Hi,
    -Beka, it is the same case in our network, all BSCs have values over 2000000.
    -Pix, What are the consequences of exceeding 60% of loading, which is impact seen from customers point of view?
    Regards,

Beka

Hi Pix,

I take these values from RNO ,Indicator Name CCPGRQN (Counter MC 8A). BSC is Configuration 6.

Thanks,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.