Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Abdel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Three BTS at the same site

Dear All,

We have a critical congestion in some area and our the new sites will take long time to prepare. We have dual band at every sites(i.e a one 900 and one 1800 bts), we have enough 1800 frequency to place a second 1800 BTS to the site, so the total bts will be 3, two 1800 and one single 900. This is just a temporary solution to relieve the congestion.It can be done but i don’t know the consequence. do i have to avoid this or it is okay. Thanks

Abdel

Abdel

Sorry for the correct subject i wrong placed my name under the subject and the subject under my name. Anyway one point i forgot to mention is that we are using Frequency hopping.

Pix

I don’t know which system you’re using, but I owuld recommend you combine the 2 “1800 BTS”

In the end, you’d have only 3 1800 cells instead of 6. It should be possible in all vendors.

why do i recommend this ?
    1/ it’s more interesting from capacity point of view to combine 16 TRX in one cell rather than 8 TRX x 2 cells.
    2/ it’s easier to tune parameters and adjacencies with less cells.

Abdel

well i know but i can not combine cuz i don’t have the combining boards and the cables currently I am using ZTE.

Abdel

yes For two the parameter tuning will be more complex

Pix

Abdel,

If you already know what’s best and if you don’t have 2 euro to spend on the equipment to implement this solution, why do you even ask your question ?

Just do what you can do, and forget about what you could do 🙂

Abdel

Thanks pix and thanks again, Well i was afraid of the results and the consequence that may come up cuz i told my boss it could be possible so if sth goes wrong i am out kkkk. i was just confirming u pix.

jamil

In Ericson You can add another Bts 1800mhz 900mhzto make the conflagration 6-6-6 or 8-8-8 etc …and also you must add dual band antenna may be you want to upgrade the 900MHZ or 1800mhz and there is a synchronization cable between the cabinet also in ZTE BTS must have this option
    regard
    jamil

Pix

Well, everything is possible, you’ll just spend more time optimizing parameters and stuff.
    If you’re out, then we’ll do a strike and paralyze your company.

We french are good for big strikes, I’ll teach you :))

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.