Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GCH Inactivity timers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jacky

Hi all, i would ask about the T_GCH_Inactivity_Last Timer effect on the Atermux usage. we make a trial by reducing this timer and no improvment was seen on Atermux Ressources. is this normal?

Pix

Hi Jacky,

That timer is relevant only if EN_FAST_INITIAL_GPRS_ACCESS is disabled.

You should try to modify T_GCH_INACTIVITY instead, which would greatly reduce your GCH usage on ATER PS.

Ruel:
    T_GCH_INACTIVITY > T_CANDIDATE_TBF_REALLOC (1 second) in all the cells of the BSS.

Best Regards,
    Pix

Jacky

Thanks pix, but the EN_FAST_INITIAL_GPRS_ACCESS is already disabled in our network; concerning the T_GCH_Inactivity the recommended value by alcatel is 3s and if we change it to 2s i think that the impact would not be relevant. isnt’ it?

Pix

The T_GCH_Inactivity_Last Timer is LESS effective that T_GCH_Inactivity Timer.

why don’t you just give it a try ?

Jacky

ok i will try to change the T_GCH_Inactivity one and you’ll hear about the result 🙂

Jacky

Hi pix, it tooks a long time :), ok we did the Trial and we observed higher LLC Traffic carried by the BSC, is this related to the T_GCH_Inactivity Timer change or normal behavior?

Pix

Hello,

By reducing the “idle” time of the GCH’s, they are then reallocated faster to “active” transfers. Therefore the efficiency of your Ater PS is higher.

It would be logical to observe such a phenomenom. Just to be sure, why don’t you roll back this timer to the previous value, and check if the traffic decrease ?

A field trial should always end with a roll back to initial value, in order to isolate the effect of the change vs. the natural evoution of network.

Cheers,
    Pix

Jacky

Thanks pix, we’ll see the impact of the Rollback, otherwise what are the other effects of reducing such timer: Higher Throuhput, low Ater congestion…?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.