Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TCH congestion

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Pix

Ayat,

I answered you in my email, didn’t I ??

Number of MOC access attempts: MS sends a channel request (for a CALL setup), BSC answers with an IMMEDIATE ASSIGNMENT that indicates where is the SDCCH subchannel allocated. Each Imm. Asg. increments this counter

CM service request : incremented when the MS answers the IMMEDIATE ASSIGNMENT with an ESTABLIH INDICATION. It means the MS has succesfully landed onto its own new SDCCH subchannel.

Example:
    900 MOC access attempts & 800 CM Service Requests
    –> it means that 100 failures occured : the MS could not seize its SDCCH subchannel. Causes : radio failure (interference, coverage) / hardware failure (path balance, …)

Ayat

dear pix

it is another question , can you read my question again ,i am takimg about the numbers (result )

try to correlate between the result. and the definations

Number of MOC random access attempts = 926

Number of successful MOC random accesses= 883

Number of CM service requests of MOC= 711.

there is MOC random access request 926

and success =883

the difference is blocking or what??

then after that after random access success the cm servie request 711

what the difference between random access success and CM service request ???

i hope my question is clear ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Dear pix

if you are not intrested by my question you can ignor them ,,,,

we are here to share knolwedge

Pix

“926-883=43 why failure 43”

failures due to SDCCH blocking, poor radio (strong intf, poor coverage of SDCCH frequency) or hardware failure

“883-711=172”

This i don’t understand.
    Estab indication should always lead to a Assign Complete that includes the layer 3 message. So I don’t think those are failures. It just means that only 711 of connections are made in order to do a MOC. The others are perhaps Call Reestab, Emergency call, IMSI Detach, Loc Upd ?

And yes, I want to answer your questions :))

No offense but your posts are difficult to read (I mean, the structure of the post is a bit messy), so I thought I already answered your question 🙁

Ayat

Dears

could you explain this conuter invalid ramdon access request

it related to TA

This counter counts the number of invalid access requests. The counter increments when MS sends “CHL_REQ” message through BTS to BSC for requiring radio channel and TA exceeds cell scope, and then BSC regards the access request as interference and abandons the request.

could you expain this procedure

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.