Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Mircocell

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ali

how can i calculate the Jumper cable loss what would u recommend guys of using 13 miters of Jumper cable for Microcell site

Pix

Who built your jumper cable ?

Find the catalogue of this vendor, they will explain what is the loss of each cable.

Or you can find typical values in other vendors (like RFS).

Ali

Mr.Pix thanks for ur quick answers ur effor is really appreciable, but what about your suggestions of using 13 meter of jumper cable due some circimustances forced me to use it and made me can’t use the feeder cable

Pix

13 meters is very long, and you just have to compute the total loss over 13m.
    Then your coverage will be much diminished, but there will still be coverage.

David

Ali,

According to me the power of a normal micro cell would be +33dB or 43dB. With respect to your cable, i hope there is no standard size of 13 mtr jumper. so, just check out your cable dia ie 1/2″ or 7/8″. Normal feeder cable is of 7/8″. Now the loss of 1/2″ cable is 7dB per 100 mtr. and 7/8″ cable loss is 4dB loss per 100 mtr. So, there is no worry of signal loss in mere 13 mtr jumper cable.

More over u can very well check the signal strength once On Air.

Pix

Thanks David, you’re 100% correct !

A jumper is usually 1/2 or less. So let’s assume 7dB/100m. Including the connectors and bends, that’s about 1dB loss.

But yeah, Ali sounded alarmed by 13m, but that’s really not much actually. And the “tone” of the post made me not evaluate properly the value “13m”. Weird 🙂

Ali

Thank you guys for the answers i wish u the best

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.