Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

ALCATEL TRE PERFORMANCE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Lucas

What is the solution to TREs which give Nerr from NPO but on OMC-R side not locked and no alarm

Pix

Hello Lucas,

Which version of NPO are you using ?

There were some bugs, but in any case: the “Nerr” is not due to TRE !

It is due to one of three things:
    1/ PM Files are corrupted
    2/ The value of the indicator is a rate : X / Y, but Y = 0. So the indicator = Nerr (you can’t divide by zero ๐Ÿ™‚ )
    3/ Bug in NPO

Cheers,
    Pix

Lucas

I can’t explain by now the version but just know is in B10.

The problem is you always have people not being able to make calls(Got it myself) for a place where all TREs give Nerr. The only solution we have is to replace TREs and sometimes combiners and the situation gets to normal. Can I get another solution apart from changing the TREs.

Cheers,

Lucas.

Pix

Lucas,

mmm.. okay, so that’s something else.
    The tRE is faulty, so it doesn’t bring any counter.

The “Nerr” is just a side effect of the HW failure ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s like when you’re in a car, the engine is DEAD. And you ask if there is any other way to move the car forward…

The “Nerr” is not what should be fixed. It is just another proof that your TRE is Down.

Lucas

So is there any other solution to this apart from changing the TREs, be reminded that the TREs show no alarm on OMC-R.My worry is on the number of TREs that we change.

Pix

The TRE is not able to establish call ! So it is down, even if there is no alarm on OMC-R.

You could create a QoS Alerter, and you’d see an alarm.

Now, those are the typical actions you could try :
    Reset the TRX, the OMU, the TCU, the BTS, etc.
    Delete the BTS and re-create it
    Same with Abis.

aso

Hi PIX
    Do you have good document to explain Alcatel Radio parameter for B9.
    Your help is highly appreciated.
    BR

pix

aso,

sorry, i can’t share those documents, unless you work in Alcatel-Lucent. I’m deeply sorry. Do you have access to RNO or NPO ?

aso

Any way thanks

aso

Hi
    Is there Parameter radio link time out for ALcatel dedicated for AMR?
    BR
    aso

pix

aso,
    yes. Radiolink_timeout_AMR ๐Ÿ™‚

aso

hi pix
    Do this parameter is in B9 and i checked the cell parameter i could not found it ca you please help me .
    And if it is possible to help if we changed the TRX_pref_mark for all TRX to the same priority why the traffic is don’t distributed equally, is there a way assign TCH on the basis of interference, second one why PDCH can is not recommended on BCCH TRX.
    Your help is highly appreciated.
    BR
    aso

pix

aso,

that’s a lot of questions ๐Ÿ™‚

1/ RLT AMR is in B10 onwards only.
    2/ If all trx pref mark are equal, the less interfered trx is favoured. If all trx are equally interfered, the last trx is always favoured for cs traffic. The ps traffic will be allocated on the first trx. This strategy is to have consecutive pdch allocation of ps traffic, without getting disturbed by random tch allocation.
    If you don’t notice that the less interfered trx is favoured… then it’s probably because
    a) you are using hopping (all trx equally interfered)
    b) your interference bands are not “fine” enough, you should resize them.

3/ PDCH can be forced onto the BCCH TRX by default (if timeslots remain), thanks to the parameter PREF BCCH GPRS (or something like this)

cheers,
    pix

aso

Thanks pix for your kind support and excuse me my friend for a lot of Questions .
    Thanks again
    aso

Pix

Aso, no problem ๐Ÿ™‚
    I don’t mind answering many questions, it’s just that I’m afraid you’ll mix up my answers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.