Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

what is c2 signalling

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Harjeet

Hi amberish,
    In R2 only TS16 is used for line signaling. For Register Signaling the TS seized for voice comm. (TS 1-15, 17-31) is used.

Harjeet

Hi amberish,
    In C7 we can use any TS for signaling. But normally we use TS 16. We can also use more than one TS on the same physical link. The allocation of TS & CIC values on PCM is done mutually between both the nodes

amberish trivedi

hi harjett
    first thanking u for ur reply
    i want to know that as in r2 there is 16 timelsot is divided in between 2 tch so what is in ccs7 signalling timeslot.
    and i want to know that what type of structure in r2 as in ccs7 thre is 4 layer so waht is in r2.
    can u give me some traces of R2 signalling?
    reply soon

Harjeet

Dear amberish
    In C7 the TCH is identified by CIC. The CIC values are unique between two PCs. The C7 messages between 2 PCs carries CIC value for identifying the TCH for which the signaling info is. also the messages has Sequence Nos(FSN/BSN) for flow control. The signal data is in packet form. Incase of R2 the signaling info is transmitted strictly at the momemt of time when it is the turn for that TCH. More info on layer1/2 can be found on pt.com. However feel free for any thing.

Sunil

To T.N.chaudhary ,

Sorry for very late reply.

I can answer this question :-What is asr(average seiz ratio)?

ASR-Answer Seizure Ratio

ASR = (No of Answers/No of Call Attempts )* 100.

So if you can achive more ratio it is good for your network.Otherwise you have to do troubleshooting to find out the reason for the less ASR.

For more amount of calls it gives a clear picture.For an examble somewhere around 50 K Call Attempts if the Answers are 25 K then ASR is 50%.

Rgds

sunil_almnthat@yahoo.com

Sunil

To Amberish trivedi ,

For R2 :-

In R2 TS-16 used for carrying Line Signalling.That is for in forming the other party about a particular ckt for IDLE,SEIZURE,ANSWER,CLEAR FORWARD/BACWARD Status.If you know PCM Baics …In each frame of 256 Bits 8 bits in TS 16 is used for Line Signalling Interaction for Two TS.

Lets Say TS-N.(N=any 1 TO 15)

In TS-16 at a time Line Signalling info for TS-N and TSN+16 will be carried out.In a single Multiframe all the TS will be having a chance to send Line Sigfnalling Info.

Lets Say using Line Signaling one of the channel is seized for Traffic.

Then the Call Originating Node will immedatly connect Register Signalling Devices in that Channel same in the other side also.

Then The register signals will carry info abt A-No,B-No,Sub Cat.

As per this definition each PCM Nedds a dedicated TS16 for Line Signalling.And huge amount of Register Signalling Devices which should be equal to the no of Voice Traffic Channels.

Becoz the register devices are also used while the call is going on to carry DTMF Tones And Etc.

For 10 PCM You need 10 TS for Sync +10 For Line Signalling.So you will be having only 300 Circuits for Voice Traffic and U need 300 Rehister Signalling Devices.

C7 :- Theoritically One TS Cann carry signalling in fo for nearly 4096 Circuits.Practically for 1000 Circuits.

So for 10 PCM :-

10 For Sync +1 For Signalling + 309 for Voice.

Due to the digital format of C7 Signalling you dont need any other things.It will carry all the related infos for Call Processing.
    Thing the valume in huge like 25 PCMs.

Rgds

Sunil

KK

there aint no C2, did u get that from that MUZAMMIL’s reply??

ajay

kindly send me some call flow in r2mf,v5.2 & ss7 signalling & the notes to study the r2mf signalling tracer
    thanks & regards

pankaj

can anybody tell me the basic differences in r2 , c5 , c7 signalling

Balakrishnan S Naicker

Answer Bid ratio = (Number_of_answered_calls/Number_of_Bids) * 100

Answer Seizure ratio = (Number_of_answered_calls/Number_of_siezure) * 100

where
    Bids = Call attempts
    Siezures = Attempts which got/sieze the connections
    Answered = Attempts which got the connections and anwsered.

B V PRASAD

I have developed MF R2 signalling protocol based on ITU-T stds.but iam not very much clear about it. group I, II ,class A&B. i have searched SDLs same, it is not mentioned in std. if you have any idea of SDLs & usage kindly help me.
    tahnks

vijay

Can anyone help me to provide the details of all Group A, B, I & II with describtion.

ajay aggarwal

pls let me know the call flow in ccs7 signaling link & the paramater to configure a ccs7 link
    what is nailed up connections & what do u mean by cascading of a E1 .

Scot

Hi ajay aggarwal,

Call Flow – If it is voice call then read about C7-ISUP Protocal Messages IAM,ACM,ANM,REL,RLC.

How to configure C7 Link – More depends upon the Type of Switch/Equipment you have.But some common things…Signaling Poin Code-SPC(OPC & DPC ),Signaling Link Code…and the Hardware defintions in your Equipment.

Rgds

Scot

George Gomes

Can anybody please provide me with technical details of telecom signalling (E1R2,C5,C7 etc) starting from scratch. It would really be a great help.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.