Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SPDCH

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    safar

Hi sheldon,

thats right buddy i want to clear one thing that per pset we can handle 32 tbf total or dl 32 + ul 32 = 64 tbf?

and per pdch we have max 16 in dl and 7 in ul ok.

then if i have 6 fpch + 1 spdch in my one pset then how many can i hadle? is it 32 ?
    or per pdch i mean 7 pdch * (16 dl+7 ul tbf) 23?

SHELDON

Safar,

The 32 TBFs per PSET applies to each direction (ie, 32 DL, 32 UL).

If you have 7 (or 8) PDCHs in a PSET, the maximum number of TBFs in the PSET is 32 (this is a repetition).

Regards,
    SHELDON

Prabeen

Hey,

Could anyone help me, saying how much percent of RPP should i reserve for On demand pdch.

safar

Hi prabeen,

for that u have to calculate how many magazine and how many rpp are in that.

generaly it is 20% .and it depends on operator.

Prabeen

Am having 21 RPP card for each BSC. N in a BSC ther r around 120 sites.

Is there any formula to calculate the same.

Aly

Dear,
    I am ugrading one site from single band to MBC structure. But some of TRX are not coming up and am getting BPCFAIL in the result column ( from Rxcdp cmd printout)
    Please need your help

SUNIL KAUL

DOES HUAWEI BSC6000 sending Undecoded PDU in status msg to SGSN endor without any PDU

badara

Plz,need help urgently.
    I have configured a new E1 as Gb interface. But the NSVC is coming up and am getting NSVC not operational alarm in my BSC.
    The NSVC block status is ABL.

Ebrahim

Hi,

My Friends, we have high congestion in GSL. we changed TBFDLLIMIT and TBFULLIMIT to 10. but high congestion exist yet. throughput is not reasonable. could you please help us to solve this issue. ( we can’t add more PCU)!

Thanks in advance.

SHELDON

With regard to abis allocation, there is no difference between SPDCH and FPDCH. Both are allocated fixed timeslots if you’re using a fixed scheme or dynamically if you’re using flexible abis. The only difference between SPDCH and FPDCH relates to how they are treated on the PCU. The PCU allocates fixed resources (GSL) for FPDCH and on-demand resources for SPDCH.

SHELDON

Sorry about the superfluous post. I was reading the thread in reverse…lol

@Ebrahim,

If you’re having GSL congestion, you should be increasing TBFULLIMIT and TBFDLLIMIT, not decreasing them!

What kind of PDCH allocation strategy are you using? Fixed? On-demand? Semi-dedicated?

pix

thanks sheldon for the clarification on spdch and fpdch. our client is using fpdch and wonder why their BSC are so congested… we’re trying to convince them to use spdch 😀

Ebrahim

Sheldom,

Thanks, you are right, we increased the DL and UL TBFLIMIT but LLC Throughput decreased and operators is not satisfy 😀
    we are set one FPDCH for each cell.
    also on demand is active.

SHELDON

No problem Pix…we’re all here to share knowledge and experiences. SPDCH is surely the way to go.

Ebrahim,

If possible, try converting your FPDCH to SPDCH. Depending on the contract you signed with your vendor, this may be free. SPDCH gives you the same advantages as FPDCH, but with flexible allocation of PCU resources.

Ebrahim

Dear SHELDON,

tnx. we can’t do it because customer complaint will be increase ;). I want know do you have any more solutions?! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.