Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SPDCH

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    David

Hey,

Jus one last question. Do we need to allocate dedicated Abis TS when giving SPDCH=1?

her

hi all,

what disadvantage using spdch? if Voice traffic very2 high can impact to gprs/pdch fail if use spdch compare to pdch?

pix

spdch = pdch 🙂 it is exactly the same thing.

her

hi pix,
    in theory yes spdch=fpdch (tch is always dedicated)how about in practice?do you have experience? cause it’s feature usually not really work

SHELDON

Hi,
    On the radio (TRX/TS) level, an SPDCH is the same as an FPDCH. The only difference is in the PCU. In the PCU, the GSL devices for FPDCHs are also fixed, while for SPDCH, they’re allocated on-demand.

From the PCU perspective, it’s more advantageous to use SPDCH instead of FPDCH, ‘cos it’ll use your GSL devices more optimally.

If your voice traffic is very high, then you MIGHT INITIALLY have high PDCH allocation failures when you activate SPDCH (same goes for FPDCH), ‘cos the BSC will not get any idle TCHs to convert to the PDCHs.

After some time (when the SPDCHs have been successfully allocated), then your PDCH allocation failures will purely depend the level of your CS traffic and the setting of parameters such as TBFULLIMIT or TBFDLLIMIT.

Regards,

SHELDON

safar

Hi sheldom,

TBFULLIMIT or TBFDLLIMIT in our network is 2,0 and per we have defined 2 – fpdch+2- spdch.

So by this parameter per pdch only 2 tbf is allowed? and this is a soft limit?

because when number of edge users incfrease then per pdch max how much allocation will be done? i mean what is hard limit?

is it 32 tbf per p-set or per pdch?

SAFAR

Hi sheldom,

TBFULLIMIT or TBFDLLIMIT in our network is 2,0 and per cell we have defined 2 – fpdch + 2- spdch.

So by this parameter per pdch only 2 tbf is allowed? and this is a soft limit?

because when number of edge user increases then per pdch max how much allocation will be done? i mean what is hard limit?

is it 32 tbf per p-set or per pdch?

SHELDON

Hi SAFAR,

Yes, TBFULLIMIT and TBFDLLIMIT are soft limits. Your setting of 2,0 means that you PREFER to have a maximum of 2 TBFs per PDCH. However, you can have more users per PDCH when new PDCHs cannot be allocated by the BSC (due to eg congestion). These paramaters do NOT set the maximum number of TBFs per PDCH.

The hard limits are as follows:

The maximum no. of TFIs (and by extension, TBFs) per PSET for both UL and DL is 32.

The limits per PDCH are 7 for UL and 16 for DL.

Regards,

SHELDON

safar

Hi Sheldom,

i want to know per pset how many max pdch +spdch u can give.i am using erc sys and here for chgr 0 (bcch) we have 4(2 spdch + 2 spdch) and samr for chgr 1.

so max how many edge timeslot per pset?

and second one u said in ul max 7 and dl 16 .it means per pdch at a time i can handle 25 tbf and in case if i have 5 edge timeslot in one pset then it means 5*25 = 125 tbf(ul+dl) i can handle ?

safar

Hi sheldom,

plz share something…

SHELDON

Hi Safar,

Sorry for my late reply. I was on vacation, so I wasn’t visiting the forum again.

Per PSET, the maximum number of PDCHs is 8, whether the PDCHs are FPDCHs, SPDCHs, on-demand PDCHs or a mixture of these three. The maximum number of EDGE time slots per PSET is also 8, since these time slots are also PDCHs.

In each cell, maximum number of FPDCH+SPDCH is 16.

I don’t quite understand your analysis of the no. of TBFs. By 25, you mean 16+7? To get a clearer picture of the total number of TBFs for 5 EDGE timeslots, it’s better to treat the UL and DL separately. Thus, for 5 TSs, maximum no. of DL TBFs = 5*16=80 and maximum no. of UL TBFs = 5*7=35.

Regards,
    SHELDON

safar

hi sheldom,

Thanks for reply.in last post u said max no of edge timeslot are fpdch+spdch are 16.but here in my eric nw i have defined 20 edge timeslot .

4 fpdch in ch grp 0

4 fpdch + 4spdch + 8 switchable in ch grp 1.. And its working.so is it ok as u said max cap of 20 edge timeslot per cell!?

So is So

SHELDON

Hi Safar,

I didn’t say the maximum number of EDGE timeslots is 16. This is what I said “In each cell, maximum number of FPDCH+SPDCH is 16.” I hope you’re not equating EDGE to FPDCH+SPDCH.

The maximum number of EDGE timeslots in a cell is equal to the maximum number of PDCHs you can have in the cell.

Regards,
    SHELDON

safar

hi sheldom,

Ok still one confusion as u said i can define max no edge timeslot in my cell if i want to define 30 edge timeslot in one cell them in that cell max fpdch+spdch capacity is 16 and remaining 14 i can define it as switchable. is it?

safar

hi sheldom,

Are u there or again on leave?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.