Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SPDCH

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    David

Hi,

I would like to know what does SPDCH mean referring to EDGE time slot allocation in ABis side. also what is the difference between spdch, fpdch, bpdch.

Pix

SPDCH is a radio timeslot, allocated on the Air interface. On the Abis, it’s called a nibble, or a GCH.

FPDCH & BPDCH : I’ve never heard about this before. Where did you ?

Cheers,
    Pix

David

Pix

Thanks for your support.

But No man, all these are based on TS allocation for EDGE in Abis interface. r u sure air interface has a ts called spdch? epansion is Packet data channel. And FPDCH is the number of TS we allocate for EDGE in radio part. And BPDCH is Basic PDCH, where in allocation is only for GPRS and not EDGE. I wanna know the details of SPDCH in Abis. Any idea?

Pix

David,

We don’t have the same vocabulary 🙂 All the words you are using depends on which vendor you’re working on. Since i’m working with Alcatel-Lucent, I can’t help you, sorry.

Abis allocation is the same : it strictly depending on your vendor…

krish

Hi david,

fpdch(fixed pdch) – it is fixed for edge time slot and abis also fixed .can’t use any other cell

spdch (semi dedicated pdch)- it is also for edge but in this abis are not dedicated .abis will use only when there will be demand.so in this u can save the abis.its just like switchable timeslot.

David

Hey Pix,

ha ha that was a good but frank joke. I deal with Ericsson equipment. But thot the terms in Abis scraps will be similar with all equipments. neways thanks for your support.

Krish,

Thanks for your info, but i would like to kno wat are the different types of EDGE TS allocation then. i heard that its Dedicated and dynamic. anythin else? and wat exactly happens in both? indeed tough question huh?

krish

Hi,

hey what u want to know exactly? u said abt dedicated and dynamic that is in nokia and u said u are on eric.. so clear ur question?..

David

Krish,

Dedicated and dynamic is there in Ericsson too. i hope such terms are gonna be same in all the vendors

Pix

No, don’t hope.
    They are not common 🙂

krish

i think u are asking abt opdch which are not fixed for ps traffic,but if there will be idle tch then it can be used as a pdch for ps traffic.but mind it cs have highest priority

David

Krish,

Hey u r adding one more type into the list. From where did opdch come from? I have not heard of it before.

As usual i hope it s not there in our system.

krish

on which system u are working?

David

Always ericsson

krish

ok then whatever i said its all abt related to eric.

Pix

Krish,

you mean “related to nokia” ? no ?
    in an older post you said you were talking about “nokia”.

i’m really confused :))

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.