Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Regarding BUSY tone we get from network.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    vivek

Dear all,
    Myself vivek,completely new person for this forum.i m very much impressed with the quality of discussion. There are some questions which i m unable to find the answers..hope will get reply from u experts.

Question:Whenever we make call to such mobile no which is already in call,and we get announcement that subscriber is busy.my question is in this paging is done or not for this particular no
    as this no is already paged by the network. and second question is where network looks (parameters/terms)before declaring that no BUSY? hope for quick reply..

vivek…

experts plz answer..

Mik

Hello!
    Simply say :
    1)Network >> MS Paging
    2)MS >> Network paging_Response
    3)Network >> MS Setup
    4)Busy MS >> Network – see extract from etsi 24.008-008

“A busy MS which satisfies the compatibility requirements indicated in the SETUP message shall respond either with a CALL CONFIRMED message if the call setup is allowed to continue or a RELEASE COMPLETE message if the call setup is not allowed to continue, both with cause #17 “user busy”. “

vivek

Plese explain in detail..

pIX

hello Mik and Vivek,

i need someone to confirm what I’m saying : the network shall not “page” the busy mobile, because the MS is already in dedicated mode. There is no need for paging… The MSC will start establishing the connection immediatly.

Therefore, IMO, the MS receives a Call Setup message on the FACCH, directly, without Paging. And MS could reply with either CALL CONFIRMED or RELEASE (as explained by Mik, because I have no knowledge about that).

Pan

Dear, Pix, Mik and Vivek!
    There are two cases:
    1) Network Determined User Busy (NDUB);
    2) User Determined User Busy (UDUB).
    In case 1) there is no any signalling between MS-B and Network when MS-B is envolved in call and Call Waiting supplementari service is inactive.
    If Call Waiting is active then network handles signalling on FACCH (Facility IE with Call Waiting indication).
    Case 2) may arise when subscriber B rejects the second call with Call Waiting indication or when subscriber B not envolved in any call rejects a new call.

Pix

Thanks 3GPP Zen Master 🙂

Pan

🙂 Thank you. You may see about User busy conditions (and point of)

Pan

Dear, Moderator!!!:) ….. detection in MSC (NDUB) during MT call in 23.018 (Procedure Page_MS_MSC).
    B.R.

Pan

Dear Moderator!
    Is it “det?rmination” is forbidden word?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.