Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

UL/DL TBF

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    krish

Hi,

ok than plz help to sort out some doubts on edge,gprs….

for tbf success ratio and dl multislot assignment what other parameter tunnig we can do?

actuaaly i have one basic confusion …if i have two pdch timeslot then at a time within that two timeslot max. how many user can share?

according to my knowledge 8 users can share one pdch..

is it right then whts the meaning that one ms require 4 timeslot? is its like this then atleast i should have 4 pdch timeslot?

and by tunnig t200 the cells which have sd completion near to below threshold(kpi) are improved

Pan

Hi, krish!
    In one PDCH you can accomodate up to 7 MS in UL, up to 16 MS in DL (16 MS in total).
    All resources to ms are allocated by network (depending on resources availability (and acessibility) and subscriber’s QoS).
    If after T200 tuning, your network performance will increase hence your T200 had wrong settings initially.

krish

Hi,

ok but still one doubt can u telll then what does mean by whts the meaning that one ms require 4 timeslot? is its like this then atleast i should have 4 pdch timeslot

Pan

Dear, krish! an MS can’t require 4 TS, it can only require peak and garanteed throughput. And only network can assign 1or2or3or4 TSs to MS depending on negotiated subscriber’s QoS and resources availability.

krish

Hi pan,

then why are differntiate the that class 30-33 support 6 multislot class 1 support 4 that i want to clear buddy?

andu said that an MS can’t require 4 TS, it can only require peak and garanteed throughput. And only network can assign 1or2or3or4 TSs to MS depending on negotiated subscriber’s QoS and resources availability. but if i have two edge timelsot(2 pdch) and there are 8 users and i have same 2 pdch and 4 users then how they will get timeslot?

in 1 pdch if there will be max 8 users then if i have 2 pdch and all users are 4 timeslot capable then what will be the distribution?

pix

it depends on how the vendor decide to perform the resource allocation. It is not defined (afaik) in the 3GPP.

So for example:
    4 MS onto 2 PDCH.
    Why only 2 PDCH ? Let’s assume it is because the other timeslots are already busy with TCH.

Possible implementation:
    each MS has 2 PDCH only (even though they have MS capability to support 4 PDCHs), because they can’t have more : the BSS will allocate only 2PDCH to each of them.

Now, of course, those 2 PDCH are the same for each MS. So each PDCH provides a possible link for 4 different MS. There are 4 MS multiplexed onto each PDCH.

Since not all MS are receiving data at the same time, one MS could have 100% max throughput over 2 PDCH during few seconds…

krish

Hi,

u mentioned that 4 ms can share
    2 pdch even they (support 4 pdch asp er mobile class) but tell me if in 1 pdch max. 8 users can share then within 2 pdch all 4 ms users will get 4 timeslot at a same time? is it right?

Pix

1 PDCH = 1 timeslot

if 4 users share one PDCH, it means each of them is having one quarter of the timeslot (in average)

krish

Hi,

buddy still not getting because whats then meaning of 4 multislot supporte mobile if 1 pdch share by 4 users?

pix

one MS can get 4 consecutive timeslots (CAN ! not MUST !)

… and one timeslot can multiplex several users.

I don’t see where is the problem.
    I’d like to draw it to you, but I can’t.

Ds

Hi Pan,

as per my knowledge, 1 PDCH can have max 7 users in UL & 9 users in DL i.e. 16 users in total 1 PDCH can have.
    please correct if i m wrong.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.