Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

UL/DL TBF

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anis Zayani

hello
    with drive test tool as TEMS Investigation where can I locate the TBF DROP rate and the TBF Establishement succes rate

thanks

Anis Zayani

can any one help me in this issue
    thanks

Pix

I can’t help, sorry. ou should have a look to the Help files of TEMS, they are VERY well done.

(click F1 🙂 )

Cheers,
    Pix

Anis Zayani

thanks PIX

what i want to say if this information is available in air interface measurement or no

Pix

… a qos indicator is measured based on certain event on the Air interface.

You cannot see a rate of drops, you can just see one drop, another one, etc.

Same thing for tbf allocation : you can see if it is a success or a failure.

it’s only after few logs that you can make a rate out of them :
    drop / success

krish

Hi,

how we can improve dl multislot assignment?

Pix

decrease the tch usage in the cell (= half rate, or load sharing with neighbours)
    or
    increase the capacity of the cell (= add a TRX)
    or
    increase the number of ts reserved for PDCH under high load conditions (= radio parameter)

krish

Hi,

thanks but whats the relation as per mentioned by u decrease the tch usage in the cell (= half rate, or load sharing with neighbours)?

and its right we can increase pdch timeslot but is there any other timer or parameter thr which we can improve?

pix do u know abt single phase and two phase system for egprs?

and also load optimization parameter loptgthr and loptethr

Pix

the parameters are vendor-dependent. I work with alcatel-lucent system only, i can’t help for other vendors, sorry.

1-phase and 2-phase access for tbf ul establishment are two different ways to ask for resources.
    if the ms needs to send lots of data, it will go for 2-ohase access.
    if it wants to send short data, or signalling, then it will choose 1 phase access.

krish

Hi,

hey pix can u tell me by increasing the t3190 timer can we improve the dl multislot assignment or tbf success ratio?

Pan

Dear, Krish! You can not to change t3190 value, because it is fixed in MS (5 s).

krish

Hi,

thanks hey is there any timer in egprs like t200 thr which we can improve tbf success ratio or dl multislot assignment?

Pix

Krish,

yeah, just by changing one timer, you can improve the qos of the whole network…

but if i tell you which timer, i’ll have to kill you.

no, seriously, krish… tuning a timer is probably the last thing to do when you want to optimize a cell. There are so many steps to do first, most of them don’t even require to change parameters 🙂

krish

Hey,

its ok but i want to know thr which timer we can inprove the dl multislot assignment and also tbf success ratio otherwise can u share the other parameter? because by tunning t200 i have achieved the gain in sd completion so if u can share then plz tell me and share ?upto u

Pix

Krish,

By how much did you improve your SD completion rate? Which value of T200 did you apply?
    If you reduce this value back to the original value, do you see the rate becomes bad again?

Regarding my previous post, there is no “other” timer. It’s just a joke.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.