Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

edge,gprs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    krish

can anybody tell abt defination of tbf,throughput?

Pan

TBF – temporary block flow. It is a physical link between Ms and Network for packet data transfer.
    Throughput is Network possibility to pass the user data (in kbit/sec or Mbit/sec).

krish

k thanks pan generally we are considering dl multislot assignment in kpi so i want to know one ms can suuport 4 timeslot whats exactly this ?

Pan

Yes, Krish! Many MSs now can recieve a packet data on 4 timeslots simultaneously.

krish

Hi pan ,

can u tell me which class mobile will come under 4 timeslot and class 30-33 are coming under 5 timeslot?

and pan i want to know exactly that one ms will take 4 timeslot means for every ms it will take 4 pdch i mean it will not one pdch but on 4 pdch then what will happen if other ms will come ? how they will work?

krish

Hi all,

can u tell me which class mobile will come under 4 timeslot and class 30-33 are coming under 5 timeslot?

and pan i want to know exactly that one ms will take 4 timeslot means for every ms it will take 4 pdch i mean it will not one pdch but on 4 pdch then what will happen if other ms will come ? how they will work plz help

Pix

Krish,

class 8- 12 are using 4 TS in downlink.

The class defines the MAX number of timeslots, but if there are other users, the PCU will deallocate some PDCH, or multiplex several MS onto the same timeslots.

Pan

Hi, Pix! But with the exeption of class 9 (3 TS in DL max).

Dear, Krish! You may find all info about multislot classes and higher multislot classes in 45.002. As I know currently the maximum numbers of TS in DL is 5.
    If network has enough resources for packet data, then it may to grant others 4 pdch to another MS (horizontal allocation). If there is scarcity in resources then the new MS is multiplexed in the same 4 TS (vertical allocation).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.