Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BAL list

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    agz

Hi every1,

If a cell is not attached to any BAL list will there be any calls on that?

krish

ya its like that then there will be very low call volume

Pix

The only way to establish a call on this cell is to camp on this cell.

And to camp on such a cell, you must “select” it. selection occurs when the MS is turned on, or when the MS has exited the network coverage. It will then scan all frequencies to find a cell.

agz

k..k..then consider this scenario.. if a cell has a BAL list attached and then a freq (TCH freq) is made as its BCCH then will the cell take any calls.

Pix

Yes… you mean a TRX is made BCCH ? Then it means the TRX is emitting the BCCH frequency, as defined in the OMC-R.

The BAL contains BCCH frequencies of neighbours as defined in OMC-R. And 1 TRX of a cell emits the BCCH frequency, as defined in the OMC-R.

So there is no possible mismatch here.

I’m not sure i understand your problem.

agz

no..wt i meant is.I have put my BCCH in a trx which is having a TCH frequency and that cell is attached to a Bal LIST where I have given only BCCH freqs.will my cell take calls..will my cell send BCCH info in TCH freq to MS.

Pix

i don’t know your system, but when you define the BAL list in OMC-R, you define a list of neighbour cells, not a list of neighbour BCCHs.

So the matching cell -> BCCH is done by the OMC-R : it is always up-to-date with your configuration, even if you change frequencies in the cell, or reconfigure the BCCH.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.