Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

High SDCCH failures – phone issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Augusto

Since last year I have seen in my network random cells that for some hours have very high SDCCH access failures due to T3101 expiring without having established the connection. It happens regardless the BSS provider (we have Ericsson, Siemens and Nokia)

All these SDCCH attemps where caused by the location update procedure and it seems there is some kind of buggy phone out there that triggers these failures. The phone starts to send massive connection requests for location update without seizing the channel granted by the network.

Has anybody been able to detect which phone causes this problem? Since the failure happens before the SDCCH has been established there is no IMEI, IMSI or MSISDN info yet to identify it.

Pix

Which BSS vendor are you using ?

I’ve heard of such issues in a wide amount of countries, but nobody (AFAIK) have identified the faulty MS. Some still believe this is the BSS vendor’s fault…

Augusto

We have seen in Spain the same failures with Nokia, Siemens and Ericsson BSS so it has to be on the MS side.

Pix

Thanks Augusto for the info. Sorry I can’t help 🙂 If I have the chance, I’ll check out this issue with field teams.

kamaz

Hi August
    I heard that we have a similar Pb with a kind of GSM handset called “Wirless Desk Phone”.

Br’s

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.