Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

ss7 signalling

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    benha

dear all

i want to know how can i reject all the signalling from other switches want to use our switch as stp except who has a permission!!

thanks

Jerome Ng

You need to configure Policing, which can be done on MTP (ie OPC, DPC) or SCCP level (CgPA, CdPA, SSN, etc).

This may be an optional feature that you need to purchase from the switch supplier.

benha

hii

thank you MR Jerome for your help…but i forgot tp mention that i was talk about the PSTN switch i think we cannot use SCCP!!
    and how in general the configuration will be done on MTP (i don’t mean the commands)!!

Jerome Ng

hi Benha,

To prevent unauthorised usage of the switch/STP, you can configure either an “Allow” list or a “Disallow” list, with the OPC as the criteria. In the “Allow” list, you need to include Point Codes of ALL nodes that are to use the STP. You need to be very careful with this. Missing out on any point codes will result in service outage. You use a “Disallow” or “Block” list when you want to prevent usage by specific signaling points.
    In addition, you can create a chain of criteria, eg “Allow” this OPC, but “Allow” only this list of DPCs for this OPC. The switch supplier should be able to furnish you with more details.

benha

thank you Jerome

these informations very helpful for me ..but i want to know is it possible to configured in siemens PSTN (ewsd or powernode )
    if one of the DPC in the ‘disallow’ list try to use our switch as STP what’s the situation in his side..he can know i put him in disallow list??
    and can i know this DPC trying to use our switch as STP
    thank you so much

Jerome Ng

Hi Ben, you’re welcome.

Unfortunately I’m not familiar with Siemens switches. I hope there is someone who will be able to help.

Good luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.