Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Out of Band frequency scanning

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years ago by zahoor.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RF Man

How can I check in drivetest if we are transmitting in frequencies out of our allowed band? We are using TEMS8.1 with K800, K600 and T610 MS and PCTel LX scanner. In scanner, PCTel can decode System Information but only for the strongest scanned channel, however, that is not the case. It could be that an operator can transmit out of its allowed band but the scanned level is not the strongest, thus SI cannot be decoded for this frequency, though BSIC can still be decoded. But BSIC alone does not give enough information. Another scenario could be that the operator is using frequency outside its allowed band as TCH. We need MCC and MNC to conclude that this certain frequency is really coming from this certain operator. Is there any straightforward way to do it or a tool available to do this thing?

Francis

How can I check in drivetest if an other operator is transmitting in frequencies out of is allowed band? We are using TEMS8.2 with W600i MS. In scanner, W600i can decode frequency and BSIC but only for the strongest scanned channel. It could be that an operator can transmit out of its allowed band but the scanned level is not the strongest, thus this frequency and his BSIC cannot be decoded. Another scenario could be that the operator is using frequency outside its allowed band as TCH. We need MCC and MNC to conclude that this certain frequency is really coming from this certain operator. Is there any straightforward way to do it or a tool available to do this thing?

Pix

you could use a SIM card from the suspected operator, do a long drive-test in the area, post-process the log file and extract all BCCH & TCH frequencies. The operator is probably using hopping, so any call made in a cell will show the whole list of frequencies in that particular cell.

zahoor

can we scan both u2100 and u900 bands with PCTel Ex+ scanner?if yes then How?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.