Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SMS dimensioning on SDCCH

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 18 years ago by tshering dorji.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    eric

Hi!

Can anyone tell me how to dimension SDCCH to meet SMS demand?

Also can anyone give me an estimate of the individual mean holding times for location update, call re-establishments, emergency call, successful TCH SMS establishment, unsuccessful TCH SMS establishment, successful SDCCH SMS establishment, unsuccessful SDCCH SMS establishment and IMSI detach (basically all the signalings that use the SDCCH). Thanks!

fadafa

U can try this, but on Msc
    “SUCCESSFUL TERMINATING&ORIGINATED SMS RATIO REPORT”

OBJTYPE=SHMSGSERV

Aminipour

HI
    we want to know how many sms messages can handle over a cell with three TRX .

Chris

Hello Eric,

I just found this website today and I may be able to help a bit. I have been investating GSM performance for the sake of writing a class (I work for a training company.) One of the books I have been reading is GSM, GPRS and EDGE Performance by Timo Halonen, Javier Romero and Juan Melero (published by Wiley.) They assume a 2.8 second SDCCH hold time for a call establishment and a 3.5 second hold time for location updates and SMS transfers. I am in the process of seeing if I can verify these because I don’t like these numbers.

Thanks,

tshering dorji

hi:
    can any one let me know how to investigate mathematics.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.