Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

intra handover

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    krish

can anyone explain me by using intra cell handover can i control the tch drop?

coldfire222

somehow it can control tch drop … it can actually improve your DCR if the intra cell handover parameters are well defined

krish

hey can u tell me how to modify it and how we can control tch drop/

MAK

Hi Krish,

in which phase you are talking abt for intracell handover either it is for unlink or downlink interferece?

krish

ya for both i want to know if i will increase or decrease the max intra cell handover then what it will affcet?

Pix

Your question has many different answers, depending on what is your cell design, trx design, etc.

To be simple, just try to increase the intracell ho, then decrease it, and see which one work the best.
    Optimization is mostly about trials. You can’t predict what’s going to work the best in such case.

Still, if a HO is triggered, it means there is an issue in the cell. The best idea is to fix the initial problem (remove the interference, etc.)

KRISH

YA THATS RIGHT BUT IF I TRIIGER THE INTRA HANDOVER AT BAD QUALITY THEN IT WILL GIVE GAIN AND DO U KNOW ABT ITS TIMER TINIT AND TMAXIHO IN ERICSSON SYSTEM

Pix

NO I DON’T KNOW ERICSSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KRISH

OK THEN TELL ME INGENERAL HOW WE CAN PLAY WITH IT FOR IMPROVING TCH DROPPED? AND DO U KNOW ABT T3101 TIMER/

Pix

T3101 reminds me of a timer used in HO procedure, isn’t it ?
    Can you recall the definition ?

How can you play with intracell HO :
    the goal is that the MS is located on another TRX, so that the call will be carried by a different frequency. This is done in order to escape from an interfered frequency.
    If MS is on TRX3/TS6, and if TRX3 is transmitting frequency 57 (example):
    – if the rxqual is bad and the rxlev is good, it means the call is interfered. In this scenario, it is a good idea to perform a intracell ho, to relocate the call onto another TRX.

krish

ok thanks pix so i can play by increasing or decreasing the rx quality with intracell handover is it?

Ed

Hi krish

I definitely agree with pix. Basic idea is to trigger intra cell handover when signal strength is sufficent and bad rx quality at the same time to escape interference by changing channel within the cell.

For your inquiry regarding the ericsson parameters here’s some info and i hope i might help you:

When intracell handover takes place TMAXIHO is triggered to 1 and is incremented by 1 every each successful intra cell handover until it reaches the the maximum limit which is defined by the parameter MAXIHO. At this point any further consecutive intra cell handovers are inhibited at a duration defined by the parameter TIHO.When TIHO expires intra cell handover counter is reset back to zero. Then loops back again to same algorithm. TINIT is the time duratin when locating is not allowed after a successful change of channel.

krish

ok thanks ed but by increasing or decreasing the timer tmaxiho,tinit and maxiho what will be exact effect?

Ed

Hi Krish

For TMAXIHO AND MAXIHO; The effect is basically dependent on the difference of the two values. The greater the difference the greater is the no of consecutive intra cell handovers allowed before consecutive handovers are inhibited.

Increasing TINIT on the otherhand increases the time wherein locating is disallowed after mobile changed channel. This will somehow control pingpong intracell handover if properly set.

I suggest if your network do have test BTS try adjusting these parameters for you to experience the actual effect..or you can also collect stats after you set some intracell handover parameters before and after and see difference.

krish

ok thanks ed hey do u know abt t3101 timer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.