Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Ivann

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Pix

If I’m the one spreading revelations, shall you raise a church in my name ? 🙂 Just kidding.

Too bad I’m spreading the truth when the rest of the world is already moving into 3G …

But you know, the pseudo BBH is obvious if you look in RNO.. When one TRX is failing in BBH, only calls handled by this TRX are dropped. For example, in a 4 TRX’s cell, if 1 is faulty, then only 25% of calls are dropped.
    All other TRXs are ok.

Cheers,
    Pix

Ivann

… :)))
    Nice idea:) I like it ! The first virtual church of St.Pix – the greatest prophet of Alcatel-Lucent

….

St. Pix

I feel the light.

🙂

Ivann

;))

Dear St.Pix,

… What do you mean “is failing in BBH” – case when there are no alarms on trx at all, and it seems normal but has problem with frequency synthesizer (for example) and has bad KPIs ? If yes – ooh, I saw this problem very often in RNO – a huge red spot on RxLev/RxQual DL matrix, and – as a consequence – yes, increasing of DCR. But it was a puzzle for me which couldn’t be explained with our docs.
    Moreover, another simple situation is clear for me now: why in case of low traffic in the cell with 2 or 3 tres (BBH of course) we can see measurement only for one tre (usually – the last TCH tre). If MS hops between tres and served by different tres we must see rather different picture :)))

You are absolutely right about GSM (or DCS) – it’s last century :((
    As for our company – while it’s getting 80% of its benefit from GSM network we must devote 99% of our working day to it. We have just deployed a 3G network – 1xEVDO (450MHz) on Alcatel-Lucent equipment. It isn’t large but it works!! Now I’m at the beginning of exploring its behavior :)))))

Pix

… What do you mean “is failing in BBH” – case when there are no alarms on trx at all, and it seems normal but has problem with frequency synthesizer (for example) and has bad KPIs ? If yes – ooh, I saw this problem very often in RNO – a huge red spot on RxLev/RxQual DL matrix, and – as a consequence – yes, increasing of DCR. But it was a puzzle for me which couldn’t be explained with our docs.

====> Yes, that’s it !

Moreover, another simple situation is clear for me now: why in case of low traffic in the cell with 2 or 3 tres (BBH of course) we can see measurement only for one tre (usually – the last TCH tre). If MS hops between tres and served by different tres we must see rather different picture :)))

=======> Perfect example, probably more obvious than the “trx failure” call drops.

gotta go,
    cheers,
    pix

Rex

Hi,
    if we have 50 channels in frequency list for SFH (1×1), for example 1 to 50, and if we use 1 to 50 with offset 2 (1, 3, 5, ..49), could we have better performance than that using all 50 channels 1 to 50 (1, 2, 3, 4, …,50). Config=4x4x4.
    BR,
    Rex

Rex

Anybody?

Hary

without using between?

Pix

Rex,

I doubt there will be any improvement. Your MAIO planning is already avoiding co and adj channel interferences, so what is the benefit of your solution ? Avoiding adj channel interference with neighbour sites ?

Rex,

Hi Pix,
    I just wondered if it has better performance during the hopping in one TRX (voice quality, etc.). Nothing else.

Pix

Hi Rex,

So simple answer : no improvement.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.