Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TIMERS – Implicit IMSI Detach, VLR purge

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Pan

Yes, the mobile subscription record is deleted from VLR. It is impossible to establish any MO call without previous Location Update, but subscriber usually doesn’t notice this.

Viki

But if the mobile subscription record is deleted from VLR, what is the reason to freeze TMSI there?
    In this case we will have a list of frozen (not available for usage for others) TMSIs with no subscribers registered.

Pix

PAN,

If the MS is “IMSI detached” (= it is purged from VLR), it should still be able to establish a MO call, no? It just can’t receive a call, because it will not be paged.

What do you think ?

Pan

Pix, Viki!
    Implicit Imsi Detach is not equal to VLR purge.
    1)Implicit IMSI Detach = subscriber is marked as detached in VLR; subscriber’s data isn’t deleted from VLR; there is no contact between VLR and HLR; TMSI isn’t froze because subscriber’s data are staying in VLR.
    2)VLR purge = subscriber’s data is deleted from VLR and VLR sends VLR purge message in HLR. TMSI may be frozen according procedure. There is no interaction attempt between HLR and VLR when MT call arises and subscriber is marked as purged in HLR.

Pix, when subscriber is marked as “implicit detached” in VLR, there is possibility to establish MO call without VLR-HLR interaction (I think it is VLR implementation dependent to do this with or without Location Updating).
    B.R.

MishaPowerauto

The article is ver good. Write please more
    http://www.erlang.com – cool!!!!

Pix

Cool ? Really ?

Motorbikes are cool.
    Basejump is cool.

One erlang… errr… not that cool 🙂

JEMO FROM UG

YOU GUYS A SHARING SOME REALLY GOOD STUFF. NOW WHY CANT SOME NUMBERS BE ABLE TO CALL SHORT NUMBERS SAY CALLING 999 OR112 OR 123 IF THESE ARE SAY HELPLINES

bernard

Hello All,
    can you give me your quick recommendation for purge timer or anything to improve SMSMT. We have set IDT to 2hrs to improve paging. Im currently thinking to modify MS purge timer and/or SMSC retry interval. Major cause for my SMSMT is “subscriber absent” and SMSC still attempts even when MS is detached(power off).
    my current setting is;
    purge timer = 7days
    SMSC retries at an interval 5 mins, 5 mins, 10min… and after 8hrs before the SM be deleted.
    Thanks very much.

selvakumar

Say example for out of coverage and not reachable(IMSI Detach)

Leo Dennis

In case mobile is marked as dettached in the VLR and subscriber data are added, deleted or changed in the HLR, the VLR will be updated via insert data MAP msg ?

haris

I would like to know the ISUP cause code for the case MS Purged from VLR.
    Is it correct the cause code is should be ‘Subscriber Absent’ or any others such as ‘Normal Unspecified’?

Anshul

After successful purge in VLR , what is timer in HLR to store previous VLR address in it . I mean till what time its visible in HLR.

Wallis Dudhnath

The ISUP cause codes are based on the earlier ISDN standards.

Usage of cause and location in the Digital Subscriber Signalling System No. 1 and the Signalling System No. 7 ISDN User Part. Look at the following ISDN specifications: Q.931 and Q.850.

Subscriber Absent:

This cause value is used when a mobile station has logged off, radio contact is not obtained with a
    mobile station or if a personal telecommunication user is temporarily not addressable at any usernetwork
    interface.

Neel

Why VLR purging is required after STP fluctuations in ICR network

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.