Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TFO in Alcatel

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Ivann

Dear Pix,
    at last we have results of our experiment – they are excellent! For this BSC percentage of MC561 amongst other TCH assignment failures (MC541a, MC551, MC561 and MC812) is less than 6% – it’s very good value!! For example, right after TFO activation this value was ~ 26%. We get good KPI even for nonhomogenus cells. Once again thanks a million !!

๐Ÿ™‚ Now the most interesting thing for me is what benefit in MOS shall we get after activation TFO for the whole territory ๐Ÿ™‚ We’re making drive-tests right now (without TFO) and then we’ll do it again after activation ๐Ÿ™‚

Pix

I’m very happy for you ๐Ÿ™‚ I miss working on the field ๐Ÿ™‚

So basically, you should see 2 scenarios:
    1/ In loaded cells, calls are setup in HR. If the call is MS to MS, then the distant MS will be downgraded to HR (if distant cell allows it) and TFO will be ON.

2/ In non loaded cells, MS-MS calls, both MS should be in EFR.

After HO, if one MS goes to HR, the distant MS shall be downgraded to HR.

During your drivetests, you should ensure that HR-HR calls with TFO have better voice quality than without (this, you must check by listening to the mobile phone DURING the drivetest… SQI is not so reliable)

Don’t forget that MS-Fixed line will not use TFO ๐Ÿ™‚

Ivann

Dear Pix, results are excellent! Our KPIs are within limits.
    I’m going to set these parameters for the whole network.
    Things are worse with drive-tests ๐Ÿ™ – we’ve finished the first part (without TFO) and got MOS = 3,1 (not bad but also not very good). Of course, we were measuring in MS-to-MS mode ๐Ÿ™‚ As for measuring voice quality I’m absolutely satisfied with our new tool – Agilent platform. It’s very flexible and reliable tool. And its huge advantage is that it stores recived audio samples – so it’s possible to listen to them after drive test to assess voice quality by yourself.
    I hope that within a few days we’ll have the other part of results – MOS with TFO :)) I’m looking forward to it.
    P.S. Yes, working on the field is really very interesting and creative :))

Pix

Ivann,

If I can ask you something : could you send me an audio sample of HR without TFO and another of HR with TFO ?
    I would love to hear the difference.

Let me know if that’s possible ๐Ÿ˜‰

Rex

Hi Pix, Ivann.
    What about the case:
    EN_TFO=ENABLE
    EN_TFO_MATCH=DISABLE
    EN_TFO_OPT=DISABLE
    FORCE_TFO_HR_WHEN_LOADED=HR not forced
    FORCE_TFO_VS_AMR = DISABLE
    KEEP_CODEC_HO = free choice of the codec
    Would TFO work in this case? And how?
    Regards,
    Rex

Pix

It would work, but most MS in loaded cells that should establish the call in HR are going to be established in FR.
    This is because the HR is not forced, so probably, it’s not going to be chosen, ever.

Rex

Thanks Pix,
    we owe you so much regarding your contribution in this forum. We just can thank you, nothing else. ALU should know that and give a reward to you and to this forum. I realy mean that.
    Regards,

Withney

Hi all !!

Sorry bu where exactely are these parameters set?

Pix

Rex, thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰

Whitney, in the 1353 RA OMC-R.

Ivann

Dear Pix,
    sorry for a long pause – I have a business trip right now.
    But for the first – I’m absolutely agreed with Rex ๐Ÿ™‚ Your contribution in this forum and your help is really inappreciable!
    For the second – of course, no problem with samples. But I can do it only next week ๐Ÿ™ And some more detailes – are you interested in samples without TFO with different codecs on two sides (FR – HR for example) and samples with TFO when HR is used on both sides?

I’ll sort all samples with/without TFO according to used combination ( EFR – EFR, HR – HR, EFR – HR, e.g) – so there will be a huge amount of material.

Pix

Hello Ivann,

Well, you know me (you can guess), I’m interested in all that stuff, definitely.

Thanks, and enjoy your trip,
    Pix

aso

Hi
    I have problem that using Huawei BSC and aclactel MSC when AMR activated on huawei BSC and when later check the AMR is not work then made trace found that AMR command is send to huawei BSC but from Huawei BSC to MSC the AMR command is not accepted can you hep.

Ivann

Dear Pix
    At last I’m in office and I’ve almost sorted voice samples from our drive-tests (with/without TFO) in according to mode (HR-HR, HR-FR, FR-FR etc.)
    Total volume of archive is less than 15 MB. I can send it to you.

Pix

Great !!!!

i don’t know if you can fit all in one mail, perhaps better to split 5Mb / mail.

pix_erlang at yahoo dot fr

thanks a lot !
    cheers,
    pix

Ivann

I sent two letters yesterday – I hope you’ve received them both (and all archives are OK I hope).
    If no – I can easily repeate it(them).

:))

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.