Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Qulaity Handovers in Concentric cells

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    A Optimizer

Can anyone please share the information on this that why Intra-cell Quality HO (Emergency HO)is not allowed in Alcatel when MS is in Inner Zone of concentric cell?

pix

hello,

I have a bad news… the intracell quality ho doesn’t exist.

The quality ho is always inter-cell. The intracell HO you are probably talking about is the Interference HO.

And it does occur in the inner zone, or in the outer zone, unless it has been disabled.

A Optimizer

yes, I know this.. My question is, ‘why it is not allowed’.. For example, if an MS is in inner zone of concentric cell and is subjected to good RxLEV but bat Quality (UL/DL), why it triggers Quality HO to other cell than to its outer zone? Why it is not allowed in GSM?

Pix

Oh… It is allowed ๐Ÿ™‚
    The outer zone is considered as a possible candidate cell, if my memories are correct.

I will check it out for you.

By the way, it is not “GSM”, it is just the way Alcatel did it.

A Optimizer

I verified it in motorola as well, emergency handover due to bad quality is allowed only intra band, not inter band.. I dont get the logic behind this.. If an MS is subjected to bad quality, why not to trigger intra cell inter band ho rather than inter cell ho?.. Thanks for your support, I am waiting for your post =)

Pix

There’s probably no logic in this choice, it’s just software programming. I assume Motorola engineers didn’t think about this case, or just didn’t implement it in order to simplify the code.

On monday, I’ll be able to confirm what I’m saying… but already I’m 90% sure ๐Ÿ™‚

in case a MS is in inner zone of a cc cell (multiband or not), and if a HO Quality is triggered, then the outer zone is a possible candidate.

Pix

Ok, here it is:
    If a MS is in the inner zone 1800 of a multiband cell, then, the outer zone is a possible candidate during an emergency HO.

However, this outer zone is the last candidate in the list. If any other cell fits the requirements, then the MS will rather go there than go to the outer zone.

Bhai Log

Pix,
    But then there are two points.
    i) some vendors dont allow the same cell’s BCCH to be monitored when in Inner Zone. etc Alcatel ( motorola aloows depending on one parameter).

ii)Even if the cell is considered as a candidate its the last one. however its looks more logical that it be considered as the first.

Pix

1/ in alcatel, the bcch is not monitored during the call, but that doesn’t prevent the cell to be a possible candidate… the outer zone is *added* in the candidates list by the BSC. It’s not in the list of monitored neighbours.

2/ yes, being the first candidate would make more sense. People designing BSS software do not always choose the most logical solution ๐Ÿ™‚ They wait for customers to complain :))

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.