Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Co BSIC co BCCH

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Naseer

Is there any problem if in a same LAC 2 cells have same BCCH and same BSIC but there is no coverage overlapping between these 2 cells?

Please some one describe!!!!

aye

There should be no problem as long as there is NO COMMON NEIGHBOR between those two cells.

regards.
    aye

Rex

Hi,
    If another (third) cell between them which has handover with one of them who have same BCCH/BSIC then you’ll face with problems such as call drop or sdcch drop, high sdcch assignment failure etc.. So, I think it’s not good to have same BCCH/BSIC.
    Regards,
    Rex

Pix

As Aye said, no problem as long as both cells are quite far apart. No common neighbours between them, but more generally, one MS in a cell “x” shall not be able to hear 2 cells having co-bcch/co-bsic.

krish

hey can anyone tell if i put qlim 45 in eric then what it will give o/p?

Tanuj

As long they dont have any common neighbour between them it wont hamper anything

Saulat Abbas

Dear All,
    BCCH and BSIC pair together can cause co BCCH/BSIC clash and Ghost RACH but independently two same BSIC’s do not harm the network.
    Same BCCH causes interference with the same BSIC the system cannot recognize which cell it is.

@ Naseer: If there is no overlapping of these cells then there will be no issue at all till the time they are not added as the neighbor of each other. If they are added as the neighbor then system will again not recognize to which cell it should handover to because HO is based on BCCH and BSIC pair not on the Cell ID.

RiMi

as already have answered…. Co-BCCH and Co-BSIC causes problem if they are in neighbour or defined adjacency for the HO.

JZ

A network is running baseband hopping (BCCH included) with SDCCH allocated on TCH. Consider two nearby cells: BCCH1=TCH2 and BSIC1=BSIC2. Problems with SDCCH timeouts are encountered and they go away when BSIC1 or BSIC2 is changed.

I don’t have explanation for this. BSIC is broadcast on BCCH and only co-BCCH/co-BSIC reuse should be relevant. Can anyone comment potential co-BCCH/TCH + co-BSIC reuse? Thank you in advance.

QUANT

if they have common neighbor, even if they are not defined as neighbor. there will be HO failure outgoing from common neighbor. I have faced many SDCCH establishment problem when they have intersection coverage area even if they are no the same LAC.

pix

hello,

when incoming HO towards a certain TCH/BSIC of cell “A”, this will also be heard in the neighbour “B” using same BCCH/BSIC couple as the TCH/BSICof “A”.
    The HO ACCESS in UL on TCH/BSIC A is decoded also as a CHANNEL REQUEST on BCCH/BSIC “B”. Cell B is allocating a SDCCH channel for that “ghost”. Since there are four consecutive HO ACCESS for each HO attempt, it means that B is allocating 4 SDCCH channel per HO. B will face big SDCCH congestion.

Best regards,
    pix

suresh

Hi pix,

can u explain again if u don’t mind if i have two bsc and in one bsc adhoc per sector and another bsc 1*1 fre hopping .

so problem is in bordering cell of that bscswhich bcch i have used its use as tch in another bscs bordering cell si will it affect my ho sucess because here i have ho failure problem in bsc-bsc handover?huawei system

agz

Pix,
    cn u xplain lil more abt wt JZ has raised in his query///
    Hw can BTS B misinterpret BTS A’s HO access msg as a channel request even if it is having same BSIC(still BCCH is different rite???)

bjushka

hi,

I have a question.
    Is there a logic connection between BCC (base station color code) and TSC (training sequence code), in case when a cell has neigbors with same BCCH and same BCC (but different NCC)?
    What’s about call setup, if we have cells, in the network, that have same BCCH and same BCC (but different NCC)?

thanks
    bjushka

Jangia

hi suresh , pitaji ka patlung ek bilan chota kar do

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.