Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Relation in GSM Spectrum & TRX _ urgent

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Bhupendra

Dear All,

i need your help.. Pls clear what is the relation in GSM Spectrum & TRX? Like… we got 4.4 MHz GSM spectrum i.e 22 ARFCN. Now how many TRX in a BTS can be occupied?… i am very confused…

Rnzeit

Bhupen,
    TRX in a BTS depends on BTS capcity and TS assigned for the BTS!
    Example: For SIEMENS 240XL you can have 12 TRX and can extend by adding a COAMCO(4TRX).but depends on E1.
    Thanks

Timz

I think what Bhupendra asked was how many TRX’s can be deployed per sector depending on the 22 ARFCN NOT the BTS Capacity. He’s worried of TIGHT frequency. In my case i work for an operator with 24 GSM 900 ARFCN and we are using maximum of 2 TRX’s per sector. We have many DCS Frequency where we use 6 TRX’s.

Bhupendra

Yea TIMZ, u r right..
    i got the answer also…
    in 22 ARFCN, Say 10 ARFCN will be used for BCCH, 1 as Guard Band and remaining 11 for TCH.
    If we take hopping in 3/3/2 configuration BTS then 3 ARFCN will be used for BCCH TRXs (1 per sector) are non hopping & remaining 5 TRX will be in hopping mode. For these 5 TRX there will be 5 frequencies at a time, these 5 frequencies should not be adjacent so keeping gap of atleast 1 ARFCN the total requirement is 10 ARFCN.
    That is the reason why we can not go beyond 3/3/2 configuration with 4.4 MHz spectrum (in hopping case).

Pls revert if i m not correct…

Thanks
    Bhupi

Pix

Buphendra,

The computation is actually more complex than this, but the results are the same. For the sake of sharing, here is the full explanation 🙂

If you want to use SFH 1×1, then you must apply a threshold of 12% :
    22 ARFCN – 10 BCCH ARFCN – 1 Guard
    = 11 ARFCN available

11 ARFCN * 12% = 1.3 (approx)
    This magic number “1.3” means you should have an average of 1.3 hopping TRX per sector, therefore your max BTS config should be 2/2/3.

pramod kumar

hi…. i want to know that if gos is 2% than how many traffic putup a site in 2,2,2 trx configuration
    and one trx will take how many erlangs if gos is 2%

Pix

To remain below 2% GoS, a cell with 2TRX shall not exceed 8.2 erlangs.

Capacity of a BTS 2/2/2 = 3*8.2 erlangs

If cell with 2 TRXs exceed 8.2 erlangs, then the GoS will get greater than 2%

One TRX can accept up to 8 timeslots TCH, so that is 8 FR calls or 16 HR calls (and any possible mix in between)

When you talk about capacity of a cell with 2 TRXs, you cannot talk about the individual Erl. capacity of 1 particular TRX.
    Erlang B Law doesn’t work this way. You must think at “Cell” level.

micky1

Hi PIX,
    This magic number “1.3” means you should have an average of 1.3 hopping TRX per sector, therefore your max BTS config should be 2/2/3.pls elaborate.

Pix

each sector can get 1 TRX “non hopping” (that carries the BCCH ts) + 1.3 TRX “hopping”.

In average, that’s 2.3 TRX / sector

a BTS with 3 sectors could have a config of 2/2/3, as long as the average number of TRX per BTS = 2.3 * 3 = 6.9, then you can do whatever mix you want.
    1/1/5, 2/2/3, 1/2/4, etc.
    of course it is much more manageable to have a regular BTS configuration.

micky1

Hi Pix,Can u pls explain the same for SFH 1*3 whose threshold value for RF load is much higher,pls provide max confg.of trx in such case,also try to elaborate it with an example.
    rgds,
    micky.

aravind

hi guys,i am working in ericsson as a o&m engineer can anyone suggest me how to clear 2to 3 site downs i checked everything bts earthing,e1 path,power.i am not able to find how to clear this issue please help me.

pix

micky,

you cans earch the forum for 1×3, you’ll find plenty of answers.

cheers
    pix

Monica voda..

Micky,
    The threshold value for rf load for 1*3 is 30% with 11 ARFCN available (as explained earlier)–11*30%=3.3.this means you can have 3.3 hopping trx per sector,ie total of 10 trx.consider it as 9,+ 1 TRX per sector”non hopping” (that carries the BCCH ts)so max conf for SFH 1*3 will be 4*4*4, Pix correct it if i am wrong.

Pix

Monica,

That’s it ! Just one clarification (but you didn’t say anything wrong : i just want to make it clear for readers):

the total bandwidth needed is 33 frequencies for hopping TRXs (that’s 11 ARFCN per sector, as you said).

natasha

Hi PIX,
    Can u pls explain the relation of ARFCN and physica channel,is it that 1 AFRCN is a carrier that has 8 time slots (ie TDMA frames) so with 22 ARFCN ie on 4.4 mhz spectrum,there are 22 ARFCN so the pysical channel with be 22*8=176 avaliable for a cluster.Now we have to map the logical channels on this physical channel,using reuse pattern,am i right?if i am wrong pls give correct explaination..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.