Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

ericsson difference rxlev

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rcdece

can anybody help us to determine on how we can solve large difference between rxlev in idle and rxlev in dedicated mode.

let say rxlev in idle = -52dBm
    rxlev in dedicated = -76 dBm.

anybody knows what ericsson bss parameter could be modified.

thank you

Redan

Hi Rcdece, I didn’t work on ericson equipment but I think that the difference is due to “power control” activation, so if you want to get the same value of Rx Lev in the two modes you have to disable it.

Timz

I don’t think if it’s a good idea to disable power control. What i know it’s normal for RxLev in dedicated mode to be less than that in idle mode.

Rex

Which RxLev in dedicated mode? RxLev_Full or RxLev_Sub? If you have activated DTX then RxLev_Sub should be greater than RxLev_Full and nearly or equal with RxLev in Idle mode. I think that’s normal.
    Regards,

Naseer

greater then 20 db difference in idle(scanner) and dedicated is it normal ????

Rex

If you use DTX, RxLev_Full has a value let’s say -91 dBm, RxLev_Sub greater than that let’s say -68 dBm, while in Idle mode RxLev_Full=-65 dBm. So, RxLev_Full (Idle) is aprox. equal with RxLev_Sub (Dedicated) and RxLev_Full (Idle) is about 26 dBm greater than RxLev_Full (Dedicated). Of course,not allways. Whenever DTX is used, you’ll have that difference.
    Regards,

Rex

Sorry, in my previous post instead 26 dBm difference should be 26 dB.

TNS

It’s normal in case of multiband cell when you get a TS in the inner zone.

May be it’s necessary to adjust the input question information ( ot give us more info )…

BR,

forouzan

must be power control effect.we should remember that power can increase or decrease in power control process depends on the radio environment and parameter settings.

aye

Hi,
    RxLev in Idle mode in most cases are higher than Dedicated mode. Mainly due to the fact that Idle Mode Measurements are taken on BCCH frequency which is transmitting Max power at all time. While in dedicated mode, Measurements are normally taken at TCH chnnels ( Operators normally Prefer TCH channels as priority for traffic than the BCCH), plus the effect of BTS power control feature that has been mentioned already.

Std

Thats normal, because of using dtx and dl- power control
    When you disable it and disable Hopping (and Antenne hopping) it will be eaqal
    But thats the reason for using RXLEV sub….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.