Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RBT

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rex

Hi,
    during the call setup when ringing begins and during the call we hear many clicks. That’s happening randomly in many cells, especially in NGN cells. What could be the cause and how to solve that?

Amit Agarwal

I had observed this in the network I worked on previously. There are two kinds – one is this clicks and the other is a metallic kind of noise.
    Check if the clicks happening during HO, exp at the edges of the cell and also monitor the TCH usage during that time.

Pix

Check your DTX ! Try disabling DTX (in UL, first) … can you still hear the clicks?

Rex

Thanks guys, I thought nobody will answer that. After many measurements and voice recording we found that it is happening only with cells with AMR activated during codec changes in AMR_HR. Some Alcatel experts changed software in TC boards from B9 to B10 , but still the same, we hear clicks, exactly those described from Amit (metallic noise like fighting with swords).It’s happening randomly especially in WCS cells (NGN), those in Legacy not. Ok Pix, we’ll try to disable DTX again and see for results after measurements even if we changed almost everything, it’s not bad to try again, just imagine what costumers think about that when hear those clicks.
    Thanks again guys!
    Regards,
    Rex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.