Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

rx_lev threshold for intracell HO

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RQ

What should be the value for the rx_lev threshold for intracell handover for uplink and downlink (u_rxlev_ul_ih / u_rxlev_dl_ih)?

In our network its value is 30 (-80 dbm).Is it not high enough? I mean when there will be poor quality(quality worse then the threshold) and the rx_level for the serving cell is greater then -80 dbm it will always try for intracell handover.So by giving this value (-80 dbm) we are reducing the chance for quality based inter cell ho.Should I reduce it (for example default value is 45.i.e. -65 dbm)?…what is the drawback and benefit of using -65 dbm or -80 dbm if that network has lots of interferences(both in hopping and BCCH)
    Any body please suggest the value for this threshold….

RQ

Any 1 can help me please about that issue?
    thanks

TNS

Hi,

-65 dBm is oK.
    It’s useless in case of hopping.

BR,

RQ

Hi TNS,
    Can u please describe why does it useless in case of hopping as u mentioned.
    thanks

RQ

hellow…………..
    by giving the threshold to -80 dbm I think we are giving more priority to the intracell ho.
    So I think I should increase it like (-65 dbm)

TNS

Hi,

So, this is the idea…

Let’s say you have two TRXs with BCCH freq 20 and TCH freq 35.

Without BBH you get a TCH on freq 35. Very good level -60 dBm but low quality => interference.
    Then the BSC assign you a TCH on the BCCH TRX ( freq 20 ). There you have the same level but better quality due to clear BCCH freq.

With BBH you get a TCH on the TCH TRX. Very good level but bad average quality due to very bad freq ( BCCH 20 or TCH 35) or both.
    You perform a intracell HO and you get a TCH on the BCCH TRX. The same level again, but the same quality because of the average value on the hopping sequence ( freq 20 and freq 35 ).
    Then you perform a new intracell HO and again… and again…
    A loop with unknown end :- )

Of course performing this HO we keep the freq band ( it’s not inner zone to outer zone HO and vs… ).

BR,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.