Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Feature of Dynamic SDCCH

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MKT

Hi all,

Pl clarify ..

Whether the Dynamic SDCCH is a feature at BSC level or Cell level.

Regards

ATTO

Hi MKT,

logically (my logic) the Dynamic SDCCH is a feature at BSC level.
    It is necessary for the BSC to support this feature because it is the one that allocate channels. He knows the configuration at any moment of its cells and decide whether channel is SDCCH or TCH depending on load. HE MUST SUPPORT this feature to do it.

At BTS level it is just for configuration purpose.It allows BSC to only know if it is possible to use channel in SDCCH or TCH mode.

Best regards.

Jacky

i would like to ask about the TRX mapping on TCUC @ Alcatel BSCs. if i’am right the TCUC can handle 32 SDCCH channels. is there any feature or issue to handle TCUC SDCCH overload?

MKT

Ok, agreed.
    That BSC must support the feature .
    But somebody told me that feature is enabled or disabled at BSC level, all the cells connected to the BSC will start behaving as per the defination of dynamic sdcch.

ATTO

Hi MKT,

Perphaps implementation depends on vendors specific. Some vendors could block this feature till u purchase it.

All i know is that BSC can’t apply dynamic SDCCH allocation on cell level when no timeslot have been defined as SDCCH/TCH dynamic allocation capable.

Thanks !

Pix

ATTO & MKT,

The timeslot configuration is done per cell. For isntance, timeslot 3 of TRX2 is configured as SDCCH Dynamic, for one cell.
    And then some other were not configured with sdcch dynamic… etc.

The feature itself is an OMC-R feature, which allows the cells within the OMCR to be configured with SDCCH Dyn.
    The BSC supports it, obviously, but it is not part of the configuration or the activation process.

Ajmal Aryanpoor

Hi All,

the function is BSC & CELL level and need to activate in CELLS which the SD congestion is high, but threshold is BSC level.

AMB

Can some one mention which parameter value to change for Huawei vendor.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.