Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

How to Balance Traffic between 900&1800

• This topic has 28 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by LEMAURE.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    syeed

check azimuth and tilt

Optimiser

The difference in power between 1800 and 900 cells is usually like 10dB, so if u got like a twin layer, trafic will normally be on 900 cells. What you do is:

-favour intialisation on the 1800 cells, e.g. putting a Cell Reselect offset on them (14, 16, 20, 24, 30, etc, depending on the % of trafic you want on this layer).
    -Maintain the trafic on the 1800 cells and favour HO towards them: increase HO_margin from 1800 to 900 cells, and decrease from 900 to 1800 cells.

Yuval

I know of a company that have a solution for that specific problem. It is a dynamic carrier management system that makes automatic interventions based on the load – like an auto pilot, and fix this problem. We tested it, and it worked very well, but was too expensive for our CEO, and we were asked us to find alternative solution (but still no luck).

Let me know if you need more info.

NITIN

900+1800 SEG LEVAL,UL/DL QAL.NOT IMPROVE ANY PERAMETER NEED TO CHANGE

zyoti

HI timz,

i have one option,

first make your Min RX lev of 1800 layer to 75 or 85dBm and make CRO to lagge amount as. 30 to 40 dBm ( i know u say it unhealthy pulling traffic) but remember i have put access leve to 75 to 80 dBm so that good level of strength is achived, this enable the near all traffic(indoor and outdoor ) to clamp in 1800 with required rx lev then, also modify the HO PBGT and HO RX Lev accordingly , iam sure it will work… Hope this will help u

sela

can someone explain to me how this Huawei GSM paramter means: AMR TCH/H Prior Cell Load Threshold(%)

Alexia

Hi Sela,
    If you have installed Huawei BSC6000 LMT on your machine just log in and press F1 (To get Help page) then search for that parameter..and any other parameters. You should be able to understand something.

sela

Can someone help me to know how i can control how much percentage of traffic is to be on half rate and how to be on full rate

b

hi sela
    TCH Traffic Busy Threshold(%)
    Default value is 60
    Modify according to ur needs, but i recommend u 80

sela

Thanks

TYs

Hello.

I want research Balance traffic in GSM. How can i get the document tell about it?

Mwiya W

How do push voice traffic from 900 to 1800 band on common BCCH cell?

kitururu

How to balance traffic on Huawei MBC cells?

What parameters can i tune to shift from 900 to 1800 ?

LEMAURE

Hello!
    some useful parameter to consider
    IDLE MODE:
    CRO (higher values on 1800)
    DEDICATED MODE:
    Layer (Higher value on 1800)
    HO Layer Threshold (Lowest value on 1800)

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.