Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Excel to GIS on mapinfo

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ali

Hi
    I am new in using mapinfo. Can any one help me how to convert excel data base to map in mapinfo as tab file?

Rex

Hi Ali,
    in excel file you should have coordinates (LONGITUDE and LATITUDE) in decimal format. Open MapInfo, open excel file, on “Excel Information” dialog box check “Use row above……for Column Titles”,on “Set field properties” click OK (unless you like to change field type for each field) and a table appears. That’s a TAB file. If you like to show in the map, click Table-Create Points, select the table, Get X Coordinate from Column (that is column with longitude) Get Y Coordinate from Column (that is column from latitude), click “Projection …”, Category=Longitude/Latitude, Category Members=Longitude/Latitude (WGS 84), OK, OK and that’s it. Hope it helps.

ali

Thank you very much REX for your help

Ali

Hi Rex
    Can you please help me how to solve problem of (datatype mismatch in expression) let say for BCCH.
    Hi

Rex

Hi Ali,
    I assume you’re doing some queries in MapInfo. If field type, for example BCCH, is “Character” and in the query you look for a number then you get the message you mentioned. The type of a column(field) and the type of value given in the query should be same. Check field type (such as BCCH) and declare as “Small Integer” and then run query giving the value as numbers. In MapInfo: Table-Maintenance-Table Structure …
    Hope it helps,
    Regards!

Ali

Hi Rex
    i checked it is small integer

Ali

And where can i find Query

Rex

Query-Select… (or SQL Select…)

Touseef

Dear Rex,

I have Mapped my excel data on Mapinfo as per ur procedure. But how can i draw link/line between two sites for showing MW link?

alex

hi ali
    please explain for me about mapinfo and advantage of this field
    thanx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Excel Boardroom’ is closed to new topics and replies.