Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Inter MSC HO failure

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jacky

Hi all, while moving a BSC under a MGW we got a degradation of HO performance (Inter MSC/BSC HO failure and especially the incoming one: from R99 MSC to the New MGW R4). Any help for investigation?

Rex

Hi,
    What kind of failures? Radio Failures, preparation failures, system or… Can you check it? Is that happening for all cells of new MSC or particular ones? If it is preparation failures then check whether handovers between LACs from both MSCs aren’t declared in old MSC. I’m telling that because we had the same situation between old MSC and new one. What else? Could be software in new MSC… Hope it helps.
    Regards,
    Rex.

Jacky

thanks Rex, fyi all LAC declaration are OK and the HO drop cause BSS increased since the migration to the new MSC. could i have more details about the problem you faced? and what was the solution?

Rex

Hi Jacky,
    I thought you said HO failure in your first post. About HO drop I cann’t say anything for the moment, we didn’t have such a pb. We had high percentage of HO failures, when we checked at NSS found that there were not declaration of HO between LACs from two different MCSs. As soon as I have any answer regarding HO drop I will post that. Is that the case for all cells or just few of them?

Jacky

All cells are involved.

Rex

A interface problems? Any indication in A interface? What’s the call_drop due to BSS?

Rex

One more thing, I forgot. There was additional instalation of software in new MSC (patch). After that it was OK.

Jacky

hi rex, i apologive, in my previous post i said drop BSS while we have a high amout of Fail BSS in the incoming Handover Problem, when we migrate a second BSC we didnt face this problem. any suggestion about the cause?

Rex

Hi Jacky,
    if in new MGW R4 you have declared all HO with LACs from legacy R99 MSC, then probably it is software issue in MGW. Declaring LACs and installing patch, Inter_MSC_HO_Incoming_Failure is solved in our case we had. I don’t know nothing about NSS, so I have to ask NSS guys and will give you more info what they did exactly. We (radio part) knew that is not radio pb and opened “trouble ticket”, after that they found software pb and the pb solved. During drive test measurement we saw that sometimes no handover were made between cells from legacy and cells from ngn even if HO were declared and near the ngn cell. From ngn cells to legacy cells it was OK. That’s all I know for the moment.

Kamel

Hi all,
    Rex in our network we have the same problem. Can you please specify the parameter of control “HO between LACs from two different MCSs or MSC to MGW”.
    In our network we use the BSS Alcatel, the value of the Timer T8 is 14s can you specify the value of this timer in your network.
    Regards.

Rex

Hi,
    about the parameter you mentioned I have to consult NSS part. And Yes, timer T8=14s in our network.
    Regards,

Jacky

hi all, after a global check we remark that all the HO fail are due to “Protocol error between BSC and MSC (MSS)”. any suggestions plz to resolve this problem?

oga

Hello

i have also the same problem of ho failure due to BSS problems for inter BSC/MSC HO after migrating some sites from one BSC to a new BSC. i have Alcatel BSS and ericsson NSS. Any help is welcomed!

agp

Hello,

same cases in my network. sometimes this problem was occured due to “different vendor” e.g : inter msc between alcatel – ericsson, and routing for inter bsc inter MSC also (and different vendor). Let’s focus on “routing” .. because this handover sometimes more than 14 s !, .. plan for re-routing if possible to cutting time less than 14 s

URD

we get lot of call drops because of Radio Interface Messafe failuers. what could be the possible reason for that?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.