Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

MxBSC_ccp_load

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    bara

Hi all, is there any body to know which are the counters in B10_Alcatel for procesor(CCP) load in Alcatel’s BSC? And what is the effect on the BSC with optimize half rate activation.
    Thank you in advance…

Pix

Hello,

MC926
    Whenever a TCH cannot be allocated due to the TCH processing capacity of CCP reaches the limit defined by the MAX_TCH_PER_CCP parameter.

MC541a, MC551, MC555, MC651, MC612a/b/c/d will also increase in such situation, but they are counting many other things as well.
    Altogether, the MC926 is the one counting specifically the CCP congestion, and you should monitor it carefully 🙂

Let me know if that helps.
    Regards,
    Pix

bara

Thank you for answer…I’ll check this counters soon and I’ll say you…

bara

Hi Pix, unfortunately I in my documentation I can’t find any description for this counters…

bara

Hi Pix, is’t possible for you to write me what is the meaning of this counters.Thank you in advance..

Pix

Hi,

I’m saying the only counter that matters is this one:
    MC926
    Whenever a TCH cannot be allocated due to the TCH processing capacity of CCP reaches the limit defined by the MAX_TCH_PER_CCP parameter.

You have the reference code and the description below… I can’t give you anything more than this.
    Do you have NPO installed ? Check the Counters per BSC (click on BSC, on the side tab) then chooose the tab “counters” in the middle pane.

You must find it there 🙂

bara

Thank you Pix, I find it …

Jacky

do we have the same counter for CCP load in B9?

Pix

Jacky,

No, it’s only available in B10.

Jacky

Thanks pix

malira

Dear Pix,

How about the MC925h NB_PAGING_CMD_DISCARDED? Could you please explain for the definition.
    In my understanding, if this counter has some value that means the paging will be discarded because of the bottleneck in ABIS, isn’t it?
    And how to optimise this problem??

Thank you very much.
    BRs,

Pix

Malira,

I’m not sure if the bottleneck is the abis or the PCH (air interface), it depends who is counting this discard, and how it is counted. What is the trigger for this counter? (check definition)

Anyway, Possible solutions:
    – Reduce the LAC size
    – Add a second CCCH in the cell

regards,
    pix

malira

Thank you for your reply, Pix.

Accually I try to read the counter definition but I’m not sure in my understanding.

Counter definition: Number of PAGING COMMAND received by the BTS on Abis and discarded due to congestion.
    Trigger condition: This counter is increased by one each time a PAGING COMMAND is discarded of Paging Group FIFO overload.

Is the Paging Group FIFO overload in the Air or Abis???

My understanding, PAGING COMMAND received by the BTS on Abis are discarded due to the congestion of the air interface, am I right?

And one more question, have you heard or seen the Abis congestion effect to the paging response in some network?

Thank you very much.

BRs,

Pix

Malira,

It means the BTS couldn’t send the Paging, because the PCH (air) is congested. Actually, the BTS buffer is full, but it probably means the same thing : the PCH can’t “evacuate” the Paging Cmd in the buffer, so the buffer is full.

Abis Congestion might affect paging performances. You can see the RSL congestion in the Mode “BTS BSC LAPD” (on the left side of RNO/NPO screen), Counter L1_18.

malira

Thank you very much, Pix. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.