Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

intracell_HO_allowed

• This topic has 10 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by Pix.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    el alish

dears,
    cell parameter: intracell_HO_allowed
    is it related to allow the HO between different frequency bands within the same cell, or to make HO between different TRX’s within the same band on the same cell ?

thanks

AliAsgher

Dear,
    This feature will monitor whenever there is Good Rxlevel but bad RxQual on the MS, then it will try to HO the call to a different TRX in the same cell. The TRX may belong to the same frequency band.

Pix

El Alish,

I forgot about the applicability of this parameter. I could check on monday, but perhaps you can get your answer if you check this parameter definition ? (in NPO or in the OMCR)

Otherwise, you’ll have to wait monday 🙂 Or… you could just try it out, and see if the interzone HO still occur when it’s disabled.

AliAsgher, basically the question is : does this parameter control the interzone HO as well ? (cause 10, 11 and 13)

AliAsgher

Dear Pix,

I thought that Inter-Zone Handovers are between two different cells, whereas el alish questioned about Intra-Cell Handovers WITHIN THE SAME CELL. Can you kindly elaborate the Inter-Zone Handover concept please ?

el alish

dear Pix,
    i already check the OMCR before asking here, it said it controls the intacell HO.
    so i still dont understand this parameter controls the HO from i.s GSM to DCS on the same sector, or the HO between different TRX’x on the same band on the same cell.

if its like the second case, what about hopping ??? the call is on the TS that hops between different TRX’s.

Pix

Inter-Zone HO = HO between the inner zone and outer zone of a concentric or a multiband cell.

El Alish,

I’ll check that tomorrow.
    Regarding hopping, you’re asking a question that often arises from operators.
    In alcatel, the hopping (bbh or sfh) is done by hopping on frequencies, not hopping on different TRX.
    The MS is on TS 3 of TRX 4, and every TDMA frame, the frequency carried onto this timeslot is changed to a new one.
    But the MS stays, physically, located on ts3 of trx4.

Regards,
    Pix

Optimiser

If a cell is in non-hopping mode and is on a TRX which has a frequency which is interfered, it could perfom an intracell Ho to another TTX of the same cell (It monoband cell).

In principle then when you are in nob-hopping, you should have ho-intracell enabled, to perform an HO to another TRX (and hence frequency) when a frequencey is interfered.

In hopping mode (SFH or BBH), because of the constant change of frequencies, bline intracell HO is not necessary.

I have observed that sometimes when you have a faulty TRX there is an increase in intracell HOs, and they are mainly of type “CHO_UL_Interference” even if you are in hopping mode.

Bottom line, if you are sure of your equipment, then for hopping, disable intracell HO (to decrease the probablity of making a drop, etc.) and for non-hopping, enable it.

Pix

Damn, I forgot to check…

Ok, my opinion (90% sure) : intracell HO = disable doesn’t disable the inter-zone HO.

Pix

HO_INTRACELL_ALLOWED does not affect specific concentric / multiband cell handovers (cause 10, 11 and 13).
    Also, It doesn’t affect TFO HO nor PS->CS Zone HO.

Regards,
    pix

AliAsgher

Dear Pix,
    Does this mean that disabling Intracell HO will only disable the feature to Handover call to a different TRX [depending on UL/DL Quality] But regular handovers [due to layer change/subcell change] will occur normally ?

Pix

Yes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.