Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Timers

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by Pix.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rex

Hi,
    What’s the purpose of timers:
    1. WI_CR (Wait Indication for Establishment Cause=Call Re-establishment)
    2. WI_EC (Wait Indication for Establishment Cause=Emergency Call)
    3. WI_OC (Wait Indication for Establishment Cause=Originating Call)
    4. WI_OP (Wait Indication for Establishment Cause=Location updating or Other procedures)

How important are these values?
    Which are default values?
    Can call setup delay reduced if WI_OC decreases?

pix

they are useful only if the feature IMMEDIATE ASSIGNMENT REJECT is activated.

those are important timers, they force the MS to retry a CH REQUEST on W_xxx later, instead of almost immediately.

Those timers are used only when the cell suffer SDCCH blocking. So they don’t improve the “delay” of Call setup, but they allow it in the first place !
    If you reduce these timers, you reduce the chance of successful CSSR, and you increase the sDCCH Congestion.

Regards.

Rex

Thanks Pix.
    Is it good to activate IMMEDIATE ASSIGNMENT REJECT? Will improve sdcch assignment failure? What’s the drawback of it?
    Regards.

Pix

No drawback, as far as i know. I always activate it.

It should/will reduce SDCCH Congestion.

don’t forget that there is no SDCCH Queue, so this is the only mechanism that help spread the resource requests and improve chances of success.

regards (and good night !)

Rex

Hi Pix,
    I activated IMM_ASS_REJ on one BSC which has more sdcch_cong, and I have to wait couple of days to see the effect, although I noticed a bit increase of LU rate in one cell (probably that’s not because of IMM_ASS_REJ). What about parameter RE (call re-establishment), it is disabled for all cells. Is that parameter related to WI_CR or not? Should I activate it?
    Regards,
    Rex

Pix

If call reestabilshment (CR) is activated, then a MS doing a CR will be forced to wait WI_CR between two consecutive RACH.

So that’s simple.

Now, i’m going to add something that doesn’t change what i said above 🙂 I’m not sure what is the purpose of the CR. I’ve never seen any MS that is reestablishing a call after a call drop.

Perhaps someone can enlighten me…?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.