Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SHARING OF LOAD

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by AliAsgher.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MKT

Hi all,

Whether it is 50 or 60 or 80 dBm or whatever..does it make any difference to MS as long as the Rxlevel is sufficient in comparison to the receiver sensitivity of MS.

I think it is No.

So why does a MS camps on a cell which has strongest Rxlevel. May be due to the fact that it doesn’t make any sense for MS to camp on cell with weaker signal strength.
    Out of many one has to be selected and so it is the best cell selected.

Now for an instance,

we have some fest in the coverage of cell A.
    Another cell B is also having coverage there.

So, Is it possible to activate certain parameter in BSC so that when it senses that the no of C1 OR C2 in CELL A exceeds a certain defined threshold then no new C1 or C2 will be entertained for CELL A.
    AND the MS will have no option other then to go for next best cell.

BUT

C1 and C2 are two phenomenons which does not involved any participation from BSC.

So, what to do?

Camping on one cell and requesting channel from other BTS is not possible at all.

Then, what can be done …

By the way what is cell load sharing?

Regards

MKT

One way to attract more traffic to a cell in comparison to its neighbors is the OFFSET to C2 or C1(?).

MKT

Do you think i have answered my query my self.

If yes, then please excuse me for taking your time.

Regards

Pix

We don’t cure schizophrenia here, but I can help with your GSM question.

In Idle Mode, you feel like too many MS are camping on one cell. As MKT-bis said, decreasing the CELL RESELECT OFFSET or changing Temporary Offset/Penalty Time might help.

But you don’t want to do that ?

So in this case, you have to configure your Forced Directed Retry and other traffic mechanisms, so that neighbor cells will accept incoming call setups from a different cell.

MS will start the call setup in cell A (RACH + SDCCH) but the TCH itself will be allocated on cell B.

Regards,
    Pix

AliAsgher

Cell Load Sharing [CLS] is a feature used for off-loading cells experiencing high SP-TCH Congestion. By using this feature, it is possible to reduce Handover Hysteresis so that calls are Handed-over to other cells [Which will not be done if Hysteresis was constant]. Certain parameters allow this reduction in Handover hysteresis when a certain amount of resources in current cell are already occupied.
    By the way, the percentage reduction of Handover Hysteresis is also configurable and the Hyst is usually Ramped-Down with time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.